Windows Update Error Code: 80070005

Davis@discussions.microsoft.com Joe Davis

Aug 3, 2007, 1:34:01 AM8/3/07
I'm running Windows Vista Premium and i've been automatically updating since
I've gotten the computer in like February and just last week, i get the
notification saying windows could not search for updates, so I clicked check
for updates and i got the same message with error(s) found code 80070005, I
tried some of the suggestions below and none of them worked.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Aug 3, 2007, 4:02:23 AM8/3/07
Not much for the old "access denied" code - but -

Suggestion from MS -

Install/reinstall Windows Update Client

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe

The above URL is for 64-bit version or the 32-bit version

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.

No guarantees.
--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Joe Davis" <Joe Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Joe Davis

Aug 3, 2007, 3:30:03 PM8/3/07
Okay i tried to download, what you sent to me and, I run on 32 bit, and i
downloaded it, and after it extracted the files and it told me that windows
update agent Installer encoutnered unrecoverable error, so yeah any
suggestions? Thanks.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Aug 3, 2007, 6:34:19 PM8/3/07
Nope -

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for support calls that are
associated with security updates or using Automatic Updates. When you call, clearly state
that your problem is. Note any error codes etc.

In other countries, see http://support.microsoft.com/security
"No-Charge Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu for
localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Joe Davis" <JoeD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brianschwa

Aug 4, 2007, 11:47:44 PM8/4/07

Hi.

I am having the same problem regarding the Windows Update and error
code 80070005. I am currenly on the phone with the phone number for
help that was provided (Microsoft Product Support Services at
1-866-PCSAFETY), but don't know how much longer I am going to wait for
someone to answer. I did not do any of the reinstall links as listed
because they say to uninstall any virus programs before doing it. I
don't want to uninstall the virus program I have so I am not going to
do this suggestion: Install/reinstall Windows Update Client

If I get this error code, does that mean that my Windows Vista is not
actually looking for updates and updating?

--
Brianschwa
Brianschwa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=28929

http://forums.techarena.in

ianburney

Sep 30, 2007, 7:56:36 PM9/30/07
I am battling with the same error 80070005 and unrecoverable error if I try to re-install Windows Update. Has anyone had a satisfactory fix from Microsoft yet?

Also note from the Windows Update log file it appears to be stuck on what some people are calling a stealth update to Windows Update itself:-

SelfUpdate handler update required: Current version: 7.0.6000.374, required version: 7.0.6000.381

Call me paranoid if you will but maybe this is why I can't find anyone that can fix it yet other than people suggesting re-install of Vista or suggesting fixes that used to work on older OS.

Help Please.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Paul

Oct 2, 2007, 6:04:03 PM10/2/07
I'm having the same problem. First it started with error 80070422. Ran
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll. Know I'm getting this code, please advise
Vista Plus
I have download some updates 9-21 but unable to since
I disabled defender and windows media share. On media share I changed the
value "2".
I have AVG, Zone Alarm and Spybot SD res shield.

Artful Dodger

Oct 13, 2007, 9:28:00 AM10/13/07
I have the exact same problem with Vista Ultimate. Windows Update returns an
80070005 error. Clicking on the Get Help link returns 23 possible fixes which
all are different and haven't done anything except delete my Windows Update
History. I feel like I'm sliding down a slippery slope here. This all started
10/09/2007. I am nothing going down the re-install road for a while. As I
have a 1TB system and need to off load a lot of data before doing a
scratch/install of Vista. We shouldn't have to re-install the operating
system as a solution.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Oct 13, 2007, 7:50:25 PM10/13/07
No guarantees but see if installing/reinstalling the latest WU Client helps.

x86-based systems
http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe
or
x64-based systems
http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Artful Dodger" <Artful...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Artful Dodger

Oct 16, 2007, 9:50:00 PM10/16/07
That didn't work. During install I get the following error: "Windows Update
Agent Installer encountered unrecoverable error".

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Artful Dodger

Oct 17, 2007, 6:51:03 PM10/17/07
Thanks for the Windows Support Link. I sent a request on Oct 13 but have
heard nothing back from Microsoft as of yet.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Oct 18, 2007, 4:07:16 AM10/18/07
They're probably swamped.
Please post back any response that you get that actually works to assist others who have
the same problem.

Just a thought, one of the most common causes of this error code (access denied) is the
Anti Virus and Anti Spyware software programs running on the computer.
You can try turning them off and then try the updates again. Keep the firewall on though.

====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Artful Dodger" <Artful...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

brentvandermeide

Nov 1, 2007, 2:59:43 AM11/1/07
So approx a months ago ( 9/20 ) I noticed that my system bogged down alot near midnight. I checked task manager and found a service Windows Module Installer was constantly running around this time period. One night I had disabled the service and forgotten to turn it back on.

I just ran into this issue myself with error '80070422'. The issue is that the Wwindows Update is dependant on this service running (obvious reasons).

Perhaps you have done the same. Go to service management console (Start -> Run -> Services.msc) and verify that the 'Windows Modules Installer' is enabled.

Check for updates and hopefully this will resolve it for you as it did for me. This also resolved an issue with installing the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 (Orcas) with the following error messages.

.Net Framework v3.5 nstall
--------------------------------
[date] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1
[date] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1
[date] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.
[...]

Visual Studio 2008 (beta 2) install
--------------------------------
[date] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5: [2] Error code 1 for this component means "Incorrect function.
"
[date] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5: [2] Component Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 returned an unexpected value.
[date] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5: [2] Return from system messaging: Incorrect function.

[date] setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InternalInstallManager() with HRESULT -2147023293.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 is not installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Document Explorer 2008 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Web Designer Tools was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition - ENU was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System Runtime was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Design Tools was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 For Devices was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2 for Pocket PC was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2 for Smartphone was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft Device Emulator version 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Crystal Reports was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows SDK Tools (X86) was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows SDK Headers and Libraries (X86) was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows SDK Win32 Tools (X86) was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows SDK NetFx Tools (X86) was not attempted to be installed.
[date] VS70pgui: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows SDK Reference Assemblies And Intellisense (x86) was not attempted to be installed.
[...]

Cheers

Sue

Nov 5, 2007, 4:20:00 AM11/5/07
I am have also been getting this problem since 9th October 2007. I have
contatced both Microsoft and Symantec (I am running Internet Security 2008).
Both of the suggested fixes are below. As yet they have not worked for me -
does anyone know the answer to the following questions please (both MS and
Symantec have not replied to my further questions):

1. The name and location of the Executable file name for Windows Update
manager in Vista? Symantec suggested wupdmgr.exe, but a full search of my
laptop has not loacated this file.

2. When I try to rename c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution I do not have
permission on my user account, even tho it has administrator access. I
enabled the administrator account on my laptop, and this doesn't have
permission either. Does anyone know how I can give either account the
required acccess?

Microsoft's Solution:
Rename Software Distribution folder:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run', type in CMD and click on 'OK'.

2. Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press 'Enter'. (Leave this window open for
later use)

3. Open 'My Computer'.

4. Find the folder c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

5. Right mouse click on SoftwareDistribution and choose 'Rename', call the
folder "SDold"

6. Return to the black Window that opened in step 1 type NET START WUAUSERV
and click 'Enter'.

7. Close all the windows.

Once we have performed the above steps, please access the Windows Update
site and see, if the issue is resolved.

Symantec's Solution

please note that this issue could be caused if Norton Internet Security is
blocking Internet connection for the Windows Update Manager. I suggest that
you please set permissions for the Windows Update Manager to access the
internet to resolve this issue. Please follow the steps provided below to
permit Windows Update Manager for internet access:

1. Open Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2008.
2. Click on settings.
3. Click on Personal firewall
4. Click on Configure
5. Click on Program control in the left pane of the Internet Security and
Firewall Options Window
6. Browse through the folder "C:\Windows\System32\" (Default path).
7. Click on the application "wupdmgr.exe".
8. Select OK.
9. Once you finish adding wupdmgr.exe, I suggest that you set its Access
status as "Allow".

NOTE: If you are unable to find the executable file (wupdmgr.exe), then
please contact Microsoft Technical Support department for further assistance
in getting the actual "Name" and "Location" of the Executable file name for
Windows Update manager.

Sue

Nov 5, 2007, 2:56:03 PM11/5/07
An update for anyone else experiencing this problem. Microsoft's suggested
fix worked for me and Windows Update is now running fine.

I needed to start in safe mode in order to rename the SoftwareDistribution
folder:

Microsoft's Solution:
Rename Software Distribution folder:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run', type in CMD and click on 'OK'.

2. Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press 'Enter'. (Leave this window open for
later use)

3. Open 'My Computer'.

4. Find the folder c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

5. Right mouse click on SoftwareDistribution and choose 'Rename', call the
folder "SDold"

6. Return to the black Window that opened in step 1 type NET START WUAUSERV
and click 'Enter'.

7. Close all the windows

8. Run Windows Update.

gpful...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2007, 7:09:29 PM12/9/07
I,as well as many, many others I'm sure are having these same error
messages. I followed the above reply's instructions and was still
unsuccessful. First, in safe mode, the command NET STOP WUAUSERV when
entered told me that it could not be performed in safe mode. I have
tried in both boot sequences and in normal I now recieve a "System
Error 5" in the command prompt... I'm not quite sure, but I'm pretty
close to losing my mind over trying to figure out a solution... More
posts appreciated

sudsy1001

Dec 19, 2007, 6:43:01 PM12/19/07
must run command as administrator.

goto cmd propmt in your program/accessories menu, right click, click on run
as admin. then run command

Phil

Feb 13, 2008, 6:56:00 AM2/13/08
I have excatly the same issue - Windows Update Error Code: 80070005.
I have Windows Vista Ultimate.

Have tried all the suggested fixes but with no success.

Any more ideas?

GUY@discussions.microsoft.com MRI GUY

Feb 19, 2008, 12:31:03 PM2/19/08
I had the same problem. I went back to see what the last upgrades were when
it still worked and de-installed one at a time.
I believe the one that fixed the problem was the security upgrade KB941644
since it is back on the list of suggested upgrades once the poll for upgrades
is now working.

I will NOT re-install this upgrade.

arthur@discussions.microsoft.com knights arthur

Mar 18, 2008, 5:19:01 AM3/18/08

TaurArian

Mar 19, 2008, 5:58:45 AM3/19/08
Try Installing/reinstalling Windows Update Client

x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.

x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.

Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.

More information :

A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"knights arthur" <knight...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| I did the microsoft remedy, renaming the software distribution folder, i ahd
| no 0problem doing that ans restarting windows update service, but nothing
| helped, same error and WUPdate can not check for updates, now what

vista update error: 80070005@discussions.microsoft.com Windows vista update error: 80070005

Mar 26, 2008, 4:38:04 PM3/26/08
Getting the 80070005 error when attempting windows update - vista ultimate -
Office 2007

I did a google search and some results said it was an access denied problem
and suggested using SubInACL but none of them said if the error number or the
program was for vista specifically, and SubInACL does not list vista as
supported. I tried it anyway with no success. One site had a suggestion to
change some things with Dcomcnfg but nothing there needed changing. I also
tried to download two different manual install files for the windows update
installer but both of them failed. I tried to download SP1 manually and
install it and got the same error(80070005). I followed the link that SP1
gave me from the error and tried the steps there but they didn't work. I
tried to download a couple updates to help fix update problems(one released a
day before SP1) but both said "The update does not apply to your system". I
checked the windowsupdate.log and the last two KB's that appeared before the
problem are KB946041 and KB905866. I tried to download and install them but
got the same message as the other manual downloads. When you click on a
manual download file it says "searching for updates". Do the manual install
files still use windows updates to install? Kinda funny how a fix for windows
update can't install because of the problem that it's trying to fix. Tried
system restore and that didn’t work. Tried to reset the SoftwareDistribution
folder and that didn’t work either.

2008-03-13 10:02:10:762 1180 1408 Handler FATAL: UH: 0x80070005:
EvaluateApplicability failed in CCbs::EvaluateApplicability
2008-03-13 10:02:10:762 1180 1408 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate
Installed rule, updateId = {1146F9E6-B059-47AB-A6B5-D62A5CA5F3A4}.100, hr =
80070005

These couple lines appear hundreds of times in windowsupdate.log
I could report the problem in an email but I figured i'd try here first.
And I might have provided more usfule information on the problem.

So... any more ideas?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 26, 2008, 4:45:36 PM3/26/08
Here is perhaps the most definitive (and long-running) conversation about
that error:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/374667c09cb402c0
=================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

> fix. Tried system restore and that didn’t work. Tried to reset the
> SoftwareDistribution folder and that didn’t work either.

Windows vista update error: 80070005

Mar 26, 2008, 5:21:00 PM3/26/08
Thanks for the fast response but I guess theres no choice but to go with the
support incident request.
I don't want to re-install vista though. Maybe there might be a manual
update I can get and install in the future. Or I could just keep manualy
installing updates(for ones that do install).

Also I'm viewing this discussion from the Microsoft discussion groups site
and that link you posted brings me back to the same discussion and I've read
all the other posts already.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 26, 2008, 10:00:16 PM3/26/08
[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Otherwise, we have no idea to
whom you're replying. Thank you.]

Windows vista update error: 80070005

Apr 2, 2008, 6:09:08 PM4/2/08
"Windows vista update error: 80070005" wrote:

The first time I ran the .bat file for SubInACL.exe that I found at
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx
, I think the majority of changes failed but I thought it might be normal,
or the changes required administrator privileges. Instead of just
double-clicking the .bat file I went to accessories in the start menu and
right-clicked command prompt to run it as administrator. Then I ran the .bat
file from the command prompt and most of the changes were successful. I did
this in the administrator account too but I think running the .bat file from
the command prompt as administrator is what did it. After a restart I no
longer got the 80070005 error.

It took a long time for windows update to finish searching for updates but
when it was finished there were two updates that needed to be downloaded but
when I tried to download them I got the error 80246008. I'm assuming this is
unrelated but who knows. I checked a Microsoft article on this and it said
to start the BITS service but when attempting to do that I get error 2: The
system cannot find the file specified. I tried using bitsadmin but several
commands end with error 0x80080005. The /util /repairservice command tells
me I can't use it on the version of the operating system. I deleted the two
qmgr files in the downloader folder too and used the regsvr32 command with
several files. initpki.dll and msxml.dll told me the specified module was not
found and qmgr.dll said it was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer
was not found. I'm still searching for a solution to this problem.

Windows vista update error: 80070005

Apr 5, 2008, 6:28:00 PM4/5/08

The solution for 80070005 that worked for me is in my previous post in the
first paragraph.
For the BITS problem, I found the solution at the following link:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/638599-solved-windows-auto-update-background.html

Replaced good registry data for the bits service for what was on my computer
and after I restarted, the BITS service was working and Windows Update
worked. I changed permissions for the registry entries just to be safe.
Maybe both errors I had were both caused by permissions or at least the same
problem. Not everyone has had this problem but it has happened several times
so it must be something specific. Thought I might mention this computer has
Norton (I think 2003 or something like that) and Microsoft Office Small
business 2007.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 6, 2008, 2:46:30 AM4/6/08
>>> restore and that didn’t work. Tried to reset the SoftwareDistribution
>>> folder and that didn’t work either.

Four words in your last paragraph reveal the troublemaker: "this computer
has Norton"
--
~PA Bear

Francisco Gabriel Aroca

Apr 29, 2009, 4:38:04 AM4/29/09
Sorry Itried this but installer says that Windows Update is installed yet

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Not much for the old "access denied" code - but -
>
> Suggestion from MS -
>
> Install/reinstall Windows Update Client
>
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe
>

> The above URL is for 64-bit version or the 32-bit version
>
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

> Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.
>

> No guarantees.

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

Gman

Sep 6, 2009, 3:45:01 AM9/6/09

I found out how to fix this... one word XP thanks be to Vista to show the
true OS!

mortezarahimi

Dec 18, 2009, 3:53:25 PM12/18/09

error code 8007005 on update vista

Joe Davi wrote:

Windows Update Error Code: 80070005
03-Aug-07

I'm running Windows Vista Premium and i've been automatically updating since
I've gotten the computer in like February and just last week, i get the
notification saying windows could not search for updates, so I clicked check
for updates and i got the same message with error(s) found code 80070005, I
tried some of the suggestions below and none of them worked.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday, August 03, 2007 1:34 AM
Joe Davi wrote:

Windows Update Error Code: 80070005

I'm running Windows Vista Premium and i've been automatically updating since
I've gotten the computer in like February and just last week, i get the
notification saying windows could not search for updates, so I clicked check
for updates and i got the same message with error(s) found code 80070005, I
tried some of the suggestions below and none of them worked.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday, August 03, 2007 4:02 AM
TaurArian [MS-MVP] wrote:

[...]

On Friday, August 03, 2007 3:30 PM
JoeDavi wrote:

Okay i tried to download, what you sent to me and, I run on 32 bit, and i
Okay i tried to download, what you sent to me and, I run on 32 bit, and i
downloaded it, and after it extracted the files and it told me that windows
update agent Installer encoutnered unrecoverable error, so yeah any
suggestions? Thanks.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

On Friday, August 03, 2007 6:34 PM
TaurArian [MS-MVP] wrote:

[...]

On Saturday, August 04, 2007 11:47 PM
Brianschwa wrote:

Hi.
[...]

On Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:56 PM
Ian Burney wrote:

Windows Update Error 80070005 on Vista Premium
I am battling with the same error 80070005 and unrecoverable error if I try to re-install Windows Update. Has anyone had a satisfactory fix from Microsoft yet?

Also note from the Windows Update log file it appears to be stuck on what some people are calling a stealth update to Windows Update itself:-

SelfUpdate handler update required: Current version: 7.0.6000.374, required version: 7.0.6000.381

Call me paranoid if you will but maybe this is why I can't find anyone that can fix it yet other than people suggesting re-install of Vista or suggesting fixes that used to work on older OS.

Help Please.

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:04 PM
Pau wrote:

I'm having the same problem. First it started with error 80070422.
I'm having the same problem. First it started with error 80070422. Ran
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll. Know I'm getting this code, please advise
Vista Plus
I have download some updates 9-21 but unable to since
I disabled defender and windows media share. On media share I changed the
value "2".
I have AVG, Zone Alarm and Spybot SD res shield.

"Joe Davis" wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:28 AM
ArtfulDodge wrote:

I have the exact same problem with Vista Ultimate.
I have the exact same problem with Vista Ultimate. Windows Update returns an
80070005 error. Clicking on the Get Help link returns 23 possible fixes which
all are different and haven't done anything except delete my Windows Update
History. I feel like I'm sliding down a slippery slope here. This all started
10/09/2007. I am nothing going down the re-install road for a while. As I
have a 1TB system and need to off load a lot of data before doing a
scratch/install of Vista. We shouldn't have to re-install the operating
system as a solution.

"Paul" wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:50 PM
TaurArian [MS-MVP] wrote:

No guarantees but see if installing/reinstalling the latest WU Client helps.
No guarantees but see if installing/reinstalling the latest WU Client helps.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Artful Dodger" <Artful...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:50 PM
ArtfulDodge wrote:

That didn't work.
That did not work. During install I get the following error: "Windows Update

Agent Installer encountered unrecoverable error".

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:45 AM
TaurArian [MS-MVP] wrote:

Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005

free Windows Update support incident request:

====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Artful Dodger" <Artful...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe
http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:51 PM
ArtfulDodge wrote:

Thanks for the Windows Support Link.
Thanks for the Windows Support Link. I sent a request on Oct 13 but have
heard nothing back from Microsoft as of yet.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

On Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:07 AM
TaurArian [MS-MVP] wrote:

They're probably swamped.

[...]

On Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:59 AM
Brent VanderMeide, Code Impressions, LLC wrote:

Windows Update Error Code: 80070005 & 80070422 - .Net Framework 3.5 - Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 (Orcas)

Cheers

On Monday, November 05, 2007 4:20 AM
Su wrote:

[...]

"Joe Davis" wrote:

On Monday, November 05, 2007 2:56 PM
Su wrote:

[...]

On Monday, December 10, 2007 5:06 AM
gpfullman wrote:

I,as well as many, many others I'm sure are having these same errormessages.
I,as well as many, many others I'm sure are having these same error
messages. I followed the above reply's instructions and was still
unsuccessful. First, in safe mode, the command NET STOP WUAUSERV when
entered told me that it could not be performed in safe mode. I have
tried in both boot sequences and in normal I now recieve a "System
Error 5" in the command prompt... I'm not quite sure, but I'm pretty
close to losing my mind over trying to figure out a solution... More
posts appreciated

On Nov 5, 1:56 pm, Sue <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:43 PM
sudsy100 wrote:

must run command as administrator.
must run command as administrator.

goto cmd propmt in your program/accessories menu, right click, click on run
as admin. then run command

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:53 AM
Phi wrote:

RE: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005
"Joe Davis" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:56 AM
Phi wrote:

RE: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005

I have excatly the same issue - Windows Update Error Code: 80070005.
I have Windows Vista Ultimate.

Have tried all the suggested fixes but with no success.

Any more ideas?

"Phil" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:31 PM
MRI GU wrote:

I had the same problem.
I had the same problem. I went back to see what the last upgrades were when
it still worked and de-installed one at a time.
I believe the one that fixed the problem was the security upgrade KB941644
since it is back on the list of suggested upgrades once the poll for upgrades
is now working.

I will NOT re-install this upgrade.

"Joe Davis" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:19 AM
knights arthu wrote:

Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005

"Joe Davis" wrote:

I did the microsoft remedy, renaming the software distribution folder, i ahd
no 0problem doing that ans restarting windows update service, but nothing
helped, same error and WUPdate can not check for updates, now what

On Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:58 AM
TaurArian wrote:

Try Installing/reinstalling Windows Update Clientx86-based versions of Windows

Try Installing/reinstalling Windows Update Client

x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.

x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.

Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.

More information :

A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

"knights arthur" <knight...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:38 PM
Windows vista update error: 8007000 wrote:

[...]

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:45 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Here is perhaps the most definitive (and long-running) conversation about that
Here is perhaps the most definitive (and long-running) conversation about
that error:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/374667c09cb402c0
=================

security updates.

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Windows vista update error: 80070005 wrote:

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:21 PM
Windowsvistaupdateerror8007000 wrote:

Thank you

Thanks for the fast response but I guess theres no choice but to go with the
support incident request.
I don't want to re-install vista though. Maybe there might be a manual
update I can get and install in the future. Or I could just keep manualy
installing updates(for ones that do install).

Also I'm viewing this discussion from the Microsoft discussion groups site
and that link you posted brings me back to the same discussion and I've read
all the other posts already.

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:00 PM

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Otherwise, we have no idea to
whom you're replying. Thank you.]

Windows vista update error: 80070005 wrote:

On Wednesday, April 02, 2008 6:09 PM
[...]

On Saturday, April 05, 2008 6:28 PM
Windowsvistaupdateerror8007000 wrote:

RE: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005 Compleatly fixed

On Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:46 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: Windows Update Error Code: 80070005 Compleatly fixed

On Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:38 AM
FranciscoGabrielAroc wrote:

Sorry Itried this but installer says that Windows Update is installed
Sorry Itried this but installer says that Windows Update is installed yet

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

On Sunday, September 06, 2009 3:45 AM
Gman wrote:

I found out how to fix this...
I found out how to fix this... one word XP thanks be to Vista to show the
true OS!

"Joe Davis" wrote:

.NET GDI+ - Convert BitMap To Jpeg
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b3501ea8-5426-4b9b-accd-8291f3c89dfe/net-gdi--convert-bitma.aspx

mortezarahimi

Dec 18, 2009, 3:54:26 PM12/18/09

Joe Davi wrote:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestion from MS -

Install/reinstall Windows Update Client

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

Hi.
Hi.

http://forums.techarena.in

Help Please.

"Joe Davis" wrote:

"Paul" wrote:

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

Cheers

Symantec's Solution

"Joe Davis" wrote:

8. Run Windows Update.

Any more ideas?

"Phil" wrote:

"Joe Davis" wrote:

More information :

So... any more ideas?

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

"Joe Davis" wrote:

On Friday, December 18, 2009 3:53 PM
morteza rahimi wrote:

error code 8007005 on update vista
error code 8007005 on update vista

Some ASP.NET 2.0 Configuration Tips
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e54f2d32-72c4-4d2b-b180-c1f564b41f85/some-aspnet-20-configur.aspx

GoGaTech

May 5, 2010, 4:03:01 AM5/5/10
I had same problem and this is how you fix it without a request or a download:

1. Disable Windows Update:

(a) Start->all programs->accessories->run-> Type services.msc and press ok
(b) Right click on "Windows Update"->Click on stop (Windows Update is now
disabled)

2. Rename Software Distribution folder
a. Navigate to: C:/Windows/
b. Find the folder named: “SoftwareDistribution”
c. Rename that folder to something like “SoftwareDistribution.old”
d. Create a new folder called “SoftwareDistribution”
3. Enable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
e. Type services.msc and press ok
f. Right click on windows update
g. Click on start

If you are unable to find Software Distribution Folder, follow these
steps before #2 above.
1. From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file menu.
2. Click Tools
3. Select Folder Options
4. Select the View tab
5. Select “Show hidden files and folders”
6. Remove the selection from “Hide protected operating system files”
7. Click OK

denmark...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 5:55:00 PM4/16/14

hey i faced the same problem but i resolved the problem with the help of this link
http://www.microsoftsupportchat.com/blog/post/Error-code-80070005/

MowGreen

Apr 16, 2014, 11:53:41 PM4/16/14
denmark...@gmail.com wrote:

> hey i faced the same problem but i resolved the problem with the help of this link
> *deleted*

B.S. The above web page is drivel and contains a phony "MS tech support"
ad/link :

> Step 1: Start the windows.
>
> Step 2: Got into 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt'by kept pressing F8 key.
>
> Step 3: In command window move to the folder where the update file was stored.
>
> Step 4: Just let the windows reboot automatically and normally.

Take a hike.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten