Outlook Express 6

Janet

Apr 17, 2007, 5:52:00 AM4/17/07
I am not sure about the source of my problem, but it did start after the most
recent updates were installed.
I am subscribed to Yahoo groups and Rootsweb groups and my preferences are
to receive individual mails in all.
Up to 11th April I was receiving the confirmation of my post, but since
then, I am not.
I have sent in a feedback to Yahoo but that will only be fruitful if someone
else has the same problem.
I have also told my ISP about the lost packets but they dont seem concerned
or interested, saying that all aspects of their service are functioning
normally. They even suggested my posts have been dealt with as spam because
there was inappropriate content in the subject heading, which is not so.
Is anyone else experiencing loss of posts when using Outlook or Outlook
Express, to access mailing groups.

PA Bear

Apr 17, 2007, 8:39:34 PM4/17/07
Did you install anything via Windows Update or Automatic Updates on 11
Apr-07?
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Janet

Apr 18, 2007, 3:06:03 AM4/18/07
Yes, I did indeed. I didnt think that any of the updates would have
relevantly affected Outlook Express 6. Could it be the Junk Filter in
Outlook that I have been keeping up to date in case I need to use it?
Outlook Express is my default mailer.

Janet

Apr 18, 2007, 6:46:01 AM4/18/07
I should also add that my Outlook, within Microsoft Office [Small Business]
2003 is not yet configured, so I dont see how the updating of the Junk mail
filter therein would have had an effect. Just thought to make this comment.
Janet

Janet

Apr 18, 2007, 7:22:01 AM4/18/07
I regret responding in multiples. I set to Notify me of replies and, to
date I have not received yours here. Could it be that I am losing this sort
of post:-/
The url you supplied is not "active" in your reply here; I typed it into
Google and Google didnt recognise. I went to the Microsoft page and didnt
find it there. I decided [again] to go back to an earlier Restore point,
before 11th April, but when it restarted it was amazingly slow, I thought,
and I decided to return again to the Restore point I set before doing so. By
this time - I apologise if I sound in a frenzy - but I am anxious to find a
solution. I am physically disabled, extremely alert from the neck up,
despite being retired, but I hope you will understand the position and
forgive me if what I have said is inappropriate/off topic for this group.

PA Bear

Apr 18, 2007, 4:23:19 PM4/18/07
I'd doubt it, but then YMMV.

Example:

Microsoft Outlook updates change the default mail handler to Microsoft
Outlook
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13

Related: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933450
--