Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate

Sailorman

Apr 13, 2008, 7:58:00 AM4/13/08
I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
"wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an executable
file and no registration helper is registered for this file type". I've
downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common fixes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sailorman

Apr 13, 2008, 8:02:01 AM4/13/08
Forgot to mention that I'm running xp Home SP2

realcestmoi

Apr 13, 2008, 12:33:06 PM4/13/08
Hi there,

This might be of any assistance:
http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/printable.aspx?m=70863

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"Sailorman" <Sail...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sailorman

Apr 15, 2008, 12:35:01 PM4/15/08
Thanks for the info, but have tried all of these suggestions. When I try re
re-register I get an error message saying that "wuaueng.dll" is not
executable.

If anyone else has any ideas, please post.

realcestmoi

Apr 16, 2008, 9:39:08 AM4/16/08
Hi here,

Did you try this too:

Download location for WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe

If it says "Install is not needed since Windows Update Agent is already
installed.", run the exe with the command line switch
/wuforce, like this: WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe /wuforce

Best regards,

Michel Denie

"Sailorman" <Sail...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sailorman

Apr 16, 2008, 11:20:02 AM4/16/08
Thanks for the additional info. I reloaded WU using force and it still won't
register "wuaueng.dll".

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Shemani

Jun 12, 2008, 12:48:00 PM6/12/08
I have same problem. won't register wuaueng.dll + mshtml.dll.
Cant install WindowsUpdateAgent eighter. Get this error 0x80070422.
When I try to register wuaueng.dll I get this error 0x80070430.
Tried everything. Any help anyone? Pleaseee...