owc10se.msi

jay

Jul 18, 2006, 11:26:02 AM7/18/06
Using media player 10. While trying to access a tutorial I got a message
saying that the file wass unavailable. owc10se.msi

Where is it, what is it, and why does Microsoft not support it?

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Jul 19, 2006, 6:40:19 AM7/19/06

I think that may be the "office web client" installer - no idea why
you're getting that popup unless you didn't complete an office install
previously and chose to run some of the content from CD

However it's not obvious where you're trying to "access a tutorial"
from ?

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2006
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

jay

Jul 19, 2006, 9:34:02 AM7/19/06
The tutorial is on the internet to support a prodduct I purchased. Is the
"web client" a cd that needs to be found and reinstalled? Please be more
specific.

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Jul 19, 2006, 10:53:37 AM7/19/06
If it is office web components (sorry, not client), then I think it's
found on the installation disks for microsoft office.

However it does seem to be available for separate download :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982B0359-0A86-4FB2-A7EE-5F3A499515DD&displaylang=EN

I'm rather hoping if that's installed it will kill the error message,
but I'm only guessing since I've never installed those tools myself.

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:34:02 -0700, jay