Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Unable to play .wax file using wm10 or wm11

Visto 7 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

cellist

no leída,
10 ene 2009, 20:44:0010/1/09
This is a follow-on to my question "C00D1197 Cannot Find the File wmp 11
Streaming..." of january 9.

I've now re-installed wm10 and I'm having the same problem I had with 11.
Sometimes the message is "cannot find the file" and sometimes it's "cannot
play the file". The page that is invoking WMP,
http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU-NPRnews-wm.htm
contains the following line,
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;
url=http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU/leadin/wosu-am.wax">

Is there something special that I have to do for .wax files? I've checked
and indeed that extension is associated with WMP. I've tried tweaking browser
security settings and have added http://streaming.osu.edu as a trusted site.

Matthias Berke

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 4:49:3811/1/09
cellist <cel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> This is a follow-on to my question "C00D1197 Cannot Find the File wmp
> 11 Streaming..." of january 9.
>
> I've now re-installed wm10 and I'm having the same problem I had with
> 11. Sometimes the message is "cannot find the file" and sometimes
> it's "cannot play the file". The page that is invoking WMP,
> http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU-NPRnews-wm.htm
> contains the following line,
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;
> url=http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU/leadin/wosu-am.wax">
>
> Is there something special that I have to do for .wax files?

normally no
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/en-us

install --> Pos. 2.)
http://www.der-wmp.de/index.htm#pluginwmp

read also

hth
Matthias

cwdjrxyz

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 5:18:3411/1/09
On Jan 10, 7:44 pm, cellist <cell...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is a follow-on to my question "C00D1197 Cannot Find the File wmp 11
> Streaming..." of january 9.
>
> I've now re-installed wm10 and I'm having the same problem I had with 11.
> Sometimes the message is "cannot find the file" and sometimes it's "cannot
> play the file". The page that is invoking WMP,http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU-NPRnews-wm.htm

> contains the following line,
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;
> url=http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU/leadin/wosu-am.wax">
>
> Is there something special that I have to do for .wax files? I've checked
> and indeed that extension is associated with WMP. I've tried tweaking browser
> security settings and have addedhttp://streaming.osu.eduas a trusted site.

I have no trouble playing from the htm url you give above ending
with .htm or the url ending in .wax given below that. I am using WMP
11 on a Windows XP sp3 OS and using the Firefox browser at the
moment. In either case, you can not view the source code by right
clicking since you are redirected to the video opening in WMP nearly
at once. You usually do not have to use a meta refresh when you use
a .wax redirector/playlist file, as the .wax file itself takes care of
the redirection to the .wma file.

cellist

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 9:34:0511/1/09
"Matthias Berke" wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Matthias. Regarding
news:24BC0988-AFB8-4ECA...@microsoft.com, I'm not sure how to
find that article. I take it that it's a newsgroup article,, but I don't know
how to construct a url from what you have provided. Can you help me out?

Phil

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 11:55:5011/1/09

Your realnetworks helix servers helix1.classroom.ohio-state.edu and
dlop-helixsrv.it.ohio-state.edu are not configured to rollover from
the old MMS protocol to either HTTP or RTSP/RTSPT/RTSPU protocol.

WMP11 and later no longer have support for MMS streaming and your
server is delivering MMS directly rather than rolling over.

You need to speak to your server manager and reconfigure Helix server
to correctly rollover from MMS to HTTP or RTSP procotols.

Another approach if the server manager reguses your request, would be
to directly specify HTTP as the protocol in your ASX file, for example
using either HTTP only, or both HTTP and RTSP href URLs as below,
should work if you want WMP to rollover manually :

<ASX version = "3.0">
<TITLE>WOSU 820</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>WOSU Radio</AUTHOR>
<COPYRIGHT>(c)2007</COPYRIGHT>
<MOREINFO HREF = "http://www.wosu.org" />
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF =
"rtsp://streaming1.osu.edu/wosu/leadin/leadin.wma" />
<REF HREF =
"http://streaming1.osu.edu/wosu/leadin/leadin.wma" />
<BANNER
HREF="http://oit.osu.edu/services/streaming/Ads/WOSUamWMV.gif">
<MOREINFO HREF
="http://secure.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/pledge.pledgemain" />
<ABSTRACT>Support WOSU 820</ABSTRACT>
</BANNER>
</ENTRY>
<ENTRY>
<REF HREF =
"rtsp://140.254.23.68/wmtencoder/wosu-am.wmv" />
<REF HREF =
"http://140.254.23.68/wmtencoder/wosu-am.wmv" />
<BANNER
HREF="http://oit.osu.edu/services/streaming/Ads/WOSUamWMV.gif">
<MOREINFO HREF
="http://secure.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/pledge.pledgemain" />
<ABSTRACT>Support WOSU 820</ABSTRACT>
</BANNER>
</ENTRY>
</ASX>

This works because (see WMP SDK documentation) : "Once Windows Media
Player establishes a connection to a referenced piece of content, it
ignores all other REF elements in that ENTRY, whether the connection
terminates normally or abnormally."

Also note the WMP SDK comment "Applications that open digital media
from behind a firewall will have better performance when opening the
media items if the address is specified using the domain name server
(DNS) name instead of the IP address."

So I'd consider changing "140.254.23.68" to read
"helix1.classroom.ohio-state.edu" instead.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 12:20:0111/1/09

To lookup a message by it's news(group) ID, you can use google groups
search. Go to http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&q=&hl=en&
and in the Message ID box at the bottom, that's where you'd paste the
news: URL above.

Pressing "Lookup message" gets you to the following message list :
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_umsgid=24BC0988-AFB8-4ECA-9933-C841E69E4E05%40microsoft.com&hl=en

cellist

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 14:12:0211/1/09
Neil, thanks very much for the detailed reply.
I have some questions.

1.

> WMP11 and later no longer have support for MMS streaming and your
> server is delivering MMS directly rather than rolling over.

I'm getting basically the same result under BOTH 10 and 11. Also, some
others I've heard from here say they can get to the streaming site (I think
with 10) using http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU-NPRnews-wm.htm, which is the one
that fails for me using EITHER 10 or 11.

2.
I'll try the HTML code on wmp 10 and see if it makes a difference. Do I just
put the code you provided into a file on my computer and then initiate the
stream by putting that file name into my browser? That is, the full pathname
of the file as it is on my computer? Is the correct format to do this
file://the-full-pathname-of-my-file? (My lack of HTML skill is showing!!)

3.
Would you mind telling me how you were able to find the osu code? I tried
displaying the source code (at a higher level) but got lost when I tried to
drill down into the heirarchy.

4.
Is it possible that my browser (IE6) is blocking

> HREF="http://oit.osu.edu/services/streaming/Ads/WOSUamWMV.gif">
-OR-
>="http://secure.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/pledge.pledgemain" />

I defined streaming1.osu.edu as "trusted" in my browser, but not the two
above.

Again, Neil, thanks a lot for your replies.

Cheers,
Phil

> "rtsp:///wosu/leadin/leadin.wma" />

cwdjrxyz

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 16:25:4411/1/09
On Jan 11, 4:18 am, cwdjrxyz <spamtr...@cwdjr.info> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 7:44 pm, cellist <cell...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > This is a follow-on to my question "C00D1197 Cannot Find the File wmp 11
> > Streaming..." of january 9.
>
> > I've now re-installed wm10 and I'm having the same problem I had with 11.
> > Sometimes the message is "cannot find the file" and sometimes it's "cannot
> > play the file". The page that is invoking WMP,http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU-NPRnews-wm.htm
> > contains the following line,
> > <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;
> > url=http://streaming.osu.edu/WOSU/leadin/wosu-am.wax">
>
> > Is there something special that I have to do for .wax files? I've checked
> > and indeed that extension is associated with WMP. I've tried tweaking browser
> > security settings and have addedhttp://streaming.osu.eduasa trusted site.

> I have no trouble playing from the htm url you give above ending
> with .htm or the url ending in .wax given below that. I am using WMP
> 11 on a Windows XP sp3 OS and using the Firefox browser at the
> moment.  In either case, you can not view the source code by right
> clicking since you are redirected to the video opening in WMP nearly
> at once. You usually do not have to use a meta refresh when you use
> a .wax redirector/playlist file, as the .wax file itself takes care of
> the redirection to the .wma file.

I just wanted to add a little more for you to consider. Although
nearly all music was put on a streaming server in the last century, it
now is sufficient to use an ordinary html server in many cases. You
now usually really need a streaming server if you are broadcasting a
live stream where the listener can only get what is playing at the
time, or you have extremely high traffic, or you must be able to enter
a long piece of music at several points.Otherwise progressive download
streaming from an ordinary html server usually is sufficient.

See an example at my page at http://www.cwdjr.net/audio4/songmultipleDD.php
. This allows a selection from many songs, each in 4 formats. Thus if
some players are not installed or not working properly, you have other
choices including flv/swf audio. If worst comes to worst and you are
on a slow isp from hell, the mp3 format is set up to download the song
selected to your computer. Most of the code is in php script on the
server. The code validates fully as xhtml 1.1 and as css on the
official W3C validators. For outdated browsers, such as all IE
browsers at least through IE7, the php script on the server rewrites
the page as html 4.01 strict. IE can not view any xhtml code if it is
served as application/xhtml+xml as required for xhtml, because the
page is then parsed as xml which is extremely strict. If the xhtml
page is wrongly served as text/html on the server, the loose-as-a-
goose html parser is used, the page may be viewable on IE; but then
you are only serving the page as html, using xhtml code has no point,
and you should use html 4.01 strict in the first place.

cellist

no leída,
11 ene 2009, 17:49:0011/1/09
Thanks cwd (may I call you "cwd"?) for your excellent information in both
this post and the earlier one. I'll take a look at the page you reference
regarding servers.

I noticed in re-reading the earlier one that, when you were successful in
downloading the streaming file in question, you were using Firefox. I'm using
IE when the error occurs. I'm wondering if it might be a browser
security-related issue blocking in my case.

Phil

"cwdjrxyz" wrote:

> .. This allows a selection from many songs, each in 4 formats. Thus if

cellist

no leída,
12 ene 2009, 9:52:0112/1/09
I've determined that the problem lies with my A-V/Firewall software. I
"disabled" Kaspersky, assuming that would [duh] DISABLE Kaspersky. Apparently
there are obscure pieces-parts of the product that continue to lurk, even
after being "disabled", and it was one of those components that was blocking
the streaming audio. No log record is written!!!

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Phil

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

no leída,
12 ene 2009, 17:07:1012/1/09
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:12:02 -0800, cellist
<cel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> WMP11 and later no longer have support for MMS streaming and your
>> server is delivering MMS directly rather than rolling over.
>
>I'm getting basically the same result under BOTH 10 and 11.

MMS support was deprecated (marked for removal) at WMP10 version and
removed entirely in WMP11

>I'll try the HTML code on wmp 10 and see if it makes a difference.

The code sample was exactly youe existing ASX playlist, modified to
allow for stream rollover by specifying 2 sources (one RTSP and one
HTTP) so if the users player can't access the rtsp:// source then
it'll try http:// after a short delay.

>put the code you provided into a file on my computer and then initiate the
>stream by putting that file name into my browser? That is, the full pathname
>of the file as it is on my computer? Is the correct format to do this
>file://the-full-pathname-of-my-file? (My lack of HTML skill is showing!!)

Well it's important to know that is NOT HTML ! Phew !

The ASX file type needs to be put onto a web server which knows how to
send the correct file type to the browser (video/x-ms-wmv) so it *may*
work from your local disk but is better on a web server.

You can edit that file in Notepad (but don't use Word or something
more advanced as it'll break the file)

>Would you mind telling me how you were able to find the osu code?

Using http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/ then viewing the web server
response text and headers.

>Is it possible that my browser (IE6) is blocking
>
>> HREF="http://oit.osu.edu/services/streaming/Ads/WOSUamWMV.gif">
> -OR-
>>="http://secure.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/pledge.pledgemain" />

The image displayed for me in WMP7/Win2000 which I happened to have
open. I didn't try the MOREINFO link but I seem to remember those
features may be removed from future versions of WMP (going to check
soon on WMP12/Win7)

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

no leída,
12 ene 2009, 17:07:2612/1/09
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:52:01 -0800, cellist
<cel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've determined that the problem lies with my A-V/Firewall software. I
>"disabled" Kaspersky, assuming that would [duh] DISABLE Kaspersky.

OK cool glad it's working

0 mensajes nuevos