Zone Alarm 6.5.731 available

1 view

richard

Jul 24, 2006, 1:30:27 PM7/24/06
The latest free Zone Alarm is now available: version 6.5.731. The
previous Update version 6.5.725 proved to be a nightmare for most
updaters (including me). The ZA forum is chock full of disaster stories
about that ill-conceived update.

This latest version, however, seems to work fine.

richard

Mike M

Jul 24, 2006, 1:38:53 PM7/24/06
richard <r...@wonderland.net> wrote:

But can it be installed on Win Me? I would suspect not since ZoneLabs no
longer support Win9x systems such as Win Me.
--
Mike Maltby
mike....@gmail.com

MLD

Jul 24, 2006, 5:20:09 PM7/24/06

The ZA site very clearly states that new 6.5+ version will not be supported
and infers that it will not run on Win ME systems. They recommend that you
upgrade to the latest OS.
MLD

Mike M

Jul 24, 2006, 5:33:59 PM7/24/06
MLD <M...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The ZA site very clearly states that new 6.5+ version will not be
> supported and infers that it will not run on Win ME systems.

You may find this hard to believe but it is for exactly that reason that I
made my comment. <g> BTW no inference required, the ZoneLabs statement is
quite explicit.

> They recommend that you upgrade to the latest OS.

--
Mike Maltby
mike....@gmail.com

MLD

Jul 24, 2006, 6:15:27 PM7/24/06

> MLD <M...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > The ZA site very clearly states that new 6.5+ version will not be
> > supported and infers that it will not run on Win ME systems.
>
> You may find this hard to believe but it is for exactly that reason that I
> made my comment. <g> BTW no inference required, the ZoneLabs statement is
> quite explicit.
>
> > Snip>
I know--poorly worded---just trying to add one vote to your statements.
MLD

Mike M

Jul 24, 2006, 6:21:09 PM7/24/06
MLD <M...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I know--poorly worded---just trying to add one vote to your
> statements. MLD

Thanks - I wasn't trying to get at you. I've had a particularly rough day
and let my hands get away from me! Sorry about that.
--
Mike M

richard

Jul 24, 2006, 6:29:34 PM7/24/06
Right. I just posted this because I know there are several people here
who use XP. It's too bad that ZA abandoned WinMe, which I have on one of
my two computers.

Job

Jul 24, 2006, 8:34:44 PM7/24/06
I quit worrying with ZoneAlarm several months ago when I
followed Shane's advice and installed Kerio 2.1.5.

"richard" <r...@wonderland.net> wrote in message

John

Jul 28, 2006, 1:58:36 PM7/28/06

I'm late to this thread--sorry about that. I stopped updating ZA at v.
2.6.362 on my WinMe machine. What would be the suggestion for the latest
I could update ZA to run on WinME without problems?

Thanks in advance

John

Mike M

Jul 28, 2006, 2:09:56 PM7/28/06
John <Jo...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I'm late to this thread--sorry about that. I stopped updating ZA at v.
> 2.6.362 on my WinMe machine. What would be the suggestion for the
> latest I could update ZA to run on WinME without problems?

Zone Labs dropped support for Win 9x including Win Me with the release of
Zone Alarm v6.5. Versions earlier than 6.5 should install without too
many problems on Win Me.
--
Mike Maltby
mike....@gmail.com