late bind from kerberos.dll to NETAPI32.dll

CeBee

May 14, 2008, 4:39:00 PM5/14/08
Hi All

My Windows CE version is 5.0 and my platform is x86.

I am getting below warning after every debug and release build (probably)
since I have applied 071231_2007M12.
"Warning: Unable to do imports from kerberos.dll to NETAPI32.dll - will late
bind"

I have found that, by this montly update, NETAPI32.dll dependency added to
kerberos library in PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN\makefile.

Can anybody advise if I should ignore this warning or do something to fix
it. I have "build and sysgen" the platform w/o "Clean before building".

Thanks in advance for any reply.
John

John Spaith [MS]

May 16, 2008, 12:53:27 PM5/16/08
This was caused by a dependency-checking bug in a Kerberos QFE. Since
others may hit this also, I've put background & workaround on our blog at
http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/archive/2008/05/16/kerberos-cannot-resolve-netapi32-dll-in-ce5-0-after-qfe-updates.aspx.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

--
John Spaith
Senior Software Design Engineer

http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/.

You assume all risk for your use. © 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

"CeBee" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote in message