Squid Proxy

Hindson, Gary

Feb 27, 2007, 11:51:48 AM2/27/07
Hi all

I am using Vista on a domain and I am unable to access the internet as I
can't authenticate to the Proxy server.

We are using Squid as the proxy and every other client authenticates fine.
However when the proxy is set for Vista I receive an authentication box
requesting a user name and password. I have tried multiple accounts non of
which work.

Has any one else experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Gary

William J. Davis

Feb 28, 2007, 1:49:16 AM2/28/07
the proxy settings are configurable in the IE settings just as they were in
XP
but you probally already figured that much out so try this :
when entering in the user names try this different formats
"USERNAME"@DOMAIN.COMORWHATEVER
DOMAIN\USERNAME <--------- enter the netbios name for the domain here do not
use the . whatever ie no dot com.

but thats basic stuff u probally already tried so dissable the firewall then
try it.
then disable the UAC thingy that pops up everytime you try to do something
to do this START > RUN > msconfig > tools tab > disable UAC

then if all else fails call microsoft you can do so for free for the first
90 days after purcahse

bill

"Hindson, Gary" <garyh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ari ramanathan

Sep 28, 2007, 8:48:07 AM9/28/07

Hi all
We are using Squid 2.6 Stable 14 with AD authentication. Our XP
clients are working fine. When I switched my computer to Vista x86 I
had the authentication box reported by Gary. I've change the following
registry setting and it seems to work OK for x86 (not sure if it will
for x64) workstations.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Change dword value for 'lmcompatibility' from 3 to 1.

Reboot

Hope this helps.

Ari

--