Cannot send email via link

Kathie

Jun 20, 2009, 10:21:01 PM6/20/09
Everytime i go to send a email to someone threw a link it doesnt let me, I
get this message,

windows mail could not be started because your computer is low on system
resources. Most likely the problem is your computer is low on memory or is
unstable....
I dont understand? This is a new comp and I have mcafee as a virus
protection...it doesnt make sense.

t-4-2

Jun 20, 2009, 10:25:45 PM6/20/09
What do you mean " .... send a email to someone threw a link ..." ?
Please describe how did you perform the action mentioned above.
t-4-2

"Kathie" <kat...@nospamthanks.com> wrote in message

Kathie

Jun 20, 2009, 11:00:01 PM6/20/09
Like if I was searching some adds and going to email someone from the link.
Like craigslist for example. That message appears.

Peter Foldes

Jun 20, 2009, 11:06:06 PM6/20/09
Kathie

Threw = trough

What type of link are we talking about. Is Windows Mail defaulting to this link as
per your setup or is this link trying to send through IE or Outlook or which route
is it trying to send when you select Send.
Can you post any and all error messages that is shown

--
Peter

Kathie

Jun 20, 2009, 11:19:01 PM6/20/09
I have Windows Mail set up as my default email. That is the message that
appears as soon as i click on the link..

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Kathie

Gary VanderMolen

Jun 21, 2009, 12:48:38 AM6/21/09
Sounds like Windows Mail doesn't have all its defaults.
Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
"Set your default programs."
After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows
Mail". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green arrow.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

jaf

Jun 21, 2009, 9:00:54 AM6/21/09
Peter,
Katie's usage of the word threw is grammatically correct.

If you're going to police the internet and correct everyone's grammar you should actually spell the correction correctly.

Threw ,Verb, the past tense of throw.

Trough  /trɔf, trɒf or, sometimes, trɔθ, trɒθ/ Show Spelled [trawf, trof or, sometimes, trawth, troth]
–noun
1.a long, narrow, open receptacle, usually boxlike in shape, used chiefly to hold water or food for animals.
2.any of several similarly shaped receptacles used for various commercial or household purposes.
3.a channel or conduit for conveying water, as a gutter under the eaves of a building for carrying away rain water.
4.any long depression or hollow, as between two ridges or waves.
5.Oceanography. a long, wide, and deep depression in the ocean floor having gently sloping sides, wider and shallower than a trench.
Compare trench (def. 4).
6.Meteorology. an elongated area of relatively low pressure.
7.the lowest point, esp. in an economic cycle.

Through (thr)
prep.
1. In one side and out the opposite or another side of: went through the tunnel.
2. Among or between; in the midst of: a walk through the flowers.
3. By way of: climbed in through the window.
4.
a. By the means or agency of: bought the antique vase through a dealer.
b. Into and out of the handling, care, processing, modification, or consideration of: Her application went through our office. Run
the figures through the computer.
5. Here and there in; around: a tour through France.
6. From the beginning to the end of: stayed up through the night.
7. At or to the end of; done or finished with, especially successfully: We are through the initial testing period.
8. Up to and including: a play that runs through December; a volume that covers A through D.
9. Past and without stopping for: drove through a red light.
10. Because of; on account of: She succeeded through hard work. He declined the honor through modesty.
adv.
1. From one end or side to another or an opposite end or side: opened the door and went through.
2. From beginning to end; completely: I read the article once through.
3. Throughout the whole extent or thickness; thoroughly: warmed the leftovers clear through; got soaked through in the rain; a
letter that was shot through with the writer's personality.
4. Over the total distance; all the way: drove through to their final destination.
5. To a conclusion or an accomplishment: see a matter through.
adj.
1. Allowing continuous passage; unobstructed: a through street.
2.
a. Affording transportation to a destination with few or no stops and no transfers: a through bus; a through ticket.
b. Continuing on a highway without exiting: through traffic; through lanes.
3. Passing or extending from one end, side, or surface to another: a through beam.
4. Having finished; at completion: She was through with the project.
5. Having no further concern, dealings, or connection: I'm through with him.
6.
a. Having no more use, value, or potential; washed-up: That swimmer is through as an athlete.
b. Doomed to death or destruction.
Idiom:
through and through
1. In every part; throughout: wet through and through.
2. In every aspect; completely: a success through and through.

John

geedee

Jun 21, 2009, 11:30:01 AM6/21/09

I cannot help with your problem but I hope you can help me. i am trying to
ask a question on a new subject and whenever I click on "New" and then
"Question" nothing happens. What am i doing wrong??
--
geedee

MT

Jul 29, 2009, 3:00:01 AM7/29/09
I have exactly the same problem, the fix below does not work. I believe it is
linked with removing macafee after the reg ran out. Don't know how to fix it.

timlee111

Jul 29, 2009, 12:29:26 PM7/29/09

Vista works ok with my email servers. Except when trying to access
it from a website, like craigslist. It won't open. Anyone have a fix?
My email is timl...@yahoo.com.

--
timlee111

timlee111

Jul 29, 2009, 12:28:39 PM7/29/09

I have the same problem. These replies show that no one has a clue.
Suggest you use craigslist as an example.

Peter Foldes;1071019 Wrote:
> Kathie
>
> Threw = trough
>
> What type of link are we talking about. Is Windows Mail defaulting to
> this link as
> per your setup or is this link trying to send through IE or Outlook or
> which route
> is it trying to send when you select Send.
> Can you post any and all error messages that is shown
>
> --
> Peter

> "Kathie" <kathie@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:02E5EDBE-F6EE-49FD-BFE7-1A5CFF548B57@xxxxxx> > >

> > > Everytime i go to send a email to someone threw a link it doesnt let
> > me, I
> > > get this message,
> > >
> > > windows mail could not be started because your computer is low on
> > system
> > > resources. Most likely the problem is your computer is low on memory
> > or is
> > > unstable....
> > > I dont understand? This is a new comp and I have mcafee as a virus
> > > protection...it doesnt make sense. > >

--
timlee111

timlee111

Jul 29, 2009, 12:33:41 PM7/29/09

Some say get rid of McAfee. But no one has a clue about this problem.

--
timlee111

Sam Hobbs

Jul 29, 2009, 1:05:23 PM7/29/09
If the fix does not work then you don't have the exact same problem, so you
need to create a new thread. People reply to existing threads and then think
they don't need to explain the entire problem but since your problem is
different you need to provide all relevant information in a new thread.

"MT" <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 29, 2009, 4:14:06 PM7/29/09
Do you have Windows Mail set up as your primary (default) email program?
If not, and you prefer to use only webmail, then set your Yahoo webmail
as the default. See:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/settings/settings-10.html
and/or
http://www.pchell.com/support/yahoomail.shtml

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Kevin

Aug 28, 2009, 6:31:31 AM8/28/09
WOW !!! Thanks for all your EXPERTISE will try these

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 28, 2009, 12:55:22 PM8/28/09
You're very welcome. Let us know if you need more help.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen