Error NO: 0x800CCC69

Sharon

Sep 6, 2007, 10:06:01 PM9/6/07
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: [ Cicada's]', Account:
'pop.onemain.com', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard', Port: 587,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error??? I have a new laptop with
Windows Vista on it. Quite a change from Windows 98---wow!!! Also, why is
windows live mail better than regular windows mail??? Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 6, 2007, 10:34:33 PM9/6/07
The EarthLink server is quite fussy, and often generates that error message.
If that message had only email addresses in the BCC field, try again but
also put your own address in the TO field.

Windows Live Mail (WLM) started out from roughly the same code base
as Windows Mail, but it contains quite a few fixes that are still ongoing
bugs in Windows Mail. WLM also accommodates Hotmail accounts
as well as the standard POP and IMAP accounts.

Gary VanderMolen

Sharon

Sep 6, 2007, 10:56:00 PM9/6/07
This is my first experience using discussion groups. Thank you Gary for your
response and help!! I tried it and it worked just fine. Too bad that
Earthlink thinks you have to also use your own address in the TO
field~~~hmmm. Just takes more time to delete the message again from the
inbox.

Do most people find that WLM (see I'm trying to learn) is better to use than
regular WM? What is IMAP accounts?

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 7, 2007, 12:33:29 AM9/7/07
Glad to hear my advice worked for you.

IMAP acts like webmail that can be accessed through your email
program rather than through a web browser. All the messages
are kept on the server. Not many ISPs offer it.

The decision as to whether WLM is better for you than WM
is strictly a personal one. The programs have a different look
and feel. Unless you are having bad problems with WM, it
probably is not worth the effort to change your email program.
An exception would be if you had a specific need to have Hotmail
access. Since I am a geek, I love the challenge of always trying out
different software, but most people would rather stay with what
is familiar.

Gary VanderMolen

hazel

Jan 23, 2008, 10:08:01 AM1/23/08

Mark

Aug 22, 2008, 9:43:01 AM8/22/08
I am having this same problem but when I add my addy to the To line it still
does not help. Could it be that my addy is an old earthlink add on, Jps.net?
Do I need to have a earthlink. net address?

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 22, 2008, 1:19:08 PM8/22/08
Hard to say without more information. If you get an error message,
right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Patrick

Nov 10, 2009, 10:09:01 AM11/10/09
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Increase Your Closings! Qualify More
Buyers!', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server:
'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Sorry, over
your relay limit.', Port: 3535, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC69

can someone help me out with this. Thanks

Peter Foldes

Nov 10, 2009, 10:19:05 AM11/10/09
Contact your ISP. The error message say's it all "Sorry, over > your relay limit.'"
In layman's terms it means you sent out too much which is over the limit allowed to
you

--
Peter

"Patrick" <Pat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 10, 2009, 2:00:46 PM11/10/09
See the note after Step 5 on this web page:
http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlookexpress.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

carroll

Nov 13, 2009, 3:10:17 PM11/13/09
When I try to send email that is 5 mb or more,a note pops up that says
message exceeds the 10 mb limit.
Whats the problem ?

Dave

Nov 13, 2009, 3:27:40 PM11/13/09
Your email account provider has a limit.
Most email servers have a limit of 2 to 10 MB
file size, Gmail has a 20 MB limit.
If you want to send a large file, you can't use email.

Some options are:

1. Use a p2p program, like:
ICQ (http://www.icq.com/download/)
Skype (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk (http://www.google.com/talk/)

2. Use ftp if you have online space somewhere

3. Upload to a file sharing site, like:
http://www.yousendit.com
http://www.dropsend.com
http://www.sendthisfile.com

--
Windows 7 Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"carroll" <ca1...@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 13, 2009, 3:25:31 PM11/13/09
Windows Mail doesn't have a message size limit, but your mail
service provider (PeoplePC) certainly does.

Alejandro J.

Nov 13, 2009, 5:52:15 PM11/13/09

"carroll" <ca1...@peoplepc.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:#epsa1JZ...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...