Usb floppy driver

1 view

treeman_mike

Nov 10, 2007, 11:06:01 PM11/10/07
I have a Iomega usb floppy drive. Iomega says that windows vista should have
a driver for it. Quess what, no driver. How do I get drivers for this? Iomega
has none.
Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Nov 11, 2007, 12:11:07 PM11/11/07
When you plug it in, do you see anything (any error messages) in Control Panel
(Classic view) > Device Manager > Disk Drivers and/or Portable Devices?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"treeman_mike" <treem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

treeman_mike

Nov 13, 2007, 2:05:01 AM11/13/07
Thank you for responding. No error message, control panel says new hardware
detected, insert disc (no disc came with it), ask if I want windows to find
driver online, I say yes, comes back no drivers found see Iomega. By the way
Iomega has been no help at all. At work I have XP where it works fine, but
not with Vista. Do I try and get my money back?
Thanks Mike

Andy

Nov 14, 2007, 4:16:43 AM11/14/07
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:05:01 -0800, treeman_mike
<treem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for responding. No error message, control panel says new hardware
>detected, insert disc (no disc came with it), ask if I want windows to find
>driver online, I say yes, comes back no drivers found see Iomega. By the way
>Iomega has been no help at all. At work I have XP where it works fine, but
>not with Vista. Do I try and get my money back?

Possibly. I have a USB floppy with Moving Star written on the top,
model MPF82E written on the bottom, which according to a web search is
identified with Sony, but when plugged in is identified by Vista as
Mitsumi USB FDD 061M USB Device. No Vista driver required.