Password expired - change pw -> Access is denied

JasonD

Jun 7, 2007, 11:34:02 AM6/7/07
I booted up my Vista Ultimate this AM to a "Your password has expired and
must be changed message."

It offers me 3 fields, 1st one is filled in (my old pw presumably), 2nd says
"new pw", 3rd says "confirm pw".

I fill in 2, and 3, and click -> which results in a brief flash of
"Changing password..." then "Access is denied."

I've tried clearing 1 and putting in my pw instead of letting it get filled
in, the result is the same.

How do i fix this?

Thanks.

Jimmy Brush

Jun 8, 2007, 12:03:19 AM6/8/07

It sounds like your user account is set such that it is not allowed to
change its password.

- Is your account an administrator account?
- Can you still log in?
- Do you have any other administrator accounts available to log in with?

--
-JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

JasonD

Jun 8, 2007, 9:57:00 AM6/8/07
"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

Yes, the account is an admin for the box.
No, I cannot login. I only get the "pw expired, change pw"
No, this is the ONLY account on my machine.

-Jason

Thomas Wilson

Jun 8, 2007, 10:01:43 PM6/8/07

JasonD

Jun 9, 2007, 11:07:00 PM6/9/07
Thomas-

That link seems to lead back to this post (on groups.google) when I click
it, did you mean for it to lead elsewhere?

Help appreciated thanks.

-Jason

Thomas Wilson

Jun 9, 2007, 11:53:10 PM6/9/07

JasonD

Jun 11, 2007, 4:01:02 PM6/11/07
Thanks. I was able to get in as the Administrator using the tool.

-Jason

skript kiddie

Feb 5, 2009, 7:38:32 PM2/5/09

hi skript kiddie here
administrator account was locked
now the user account password for the admin is denied and iam not able
reach your link because of parental controls any suggestions?

--
skript kiddie

talh...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 3:38:45 AM9/27/13

talh...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2013, 3:41:20 AM9/27/13
I HAVE SEEM probable with my pc pls help me

jackwa...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 3:47:38 AM3/20/14
On Friday, September 27, 2013 3:41:20 PM UTC+8, talh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I HAVE SEEM probable with my pc pls help me

This article should be helpful for you:
http://www.top-password.com/knowledge/windows-password-expired.html