Re: WSUS and MS Exchange server

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

Nov 26, 2005, 12:56:56 AM11/26/05
What /specifically/ is the problem you have with SUS and Exchange?

While I might suggest not putting WSUS/WMSDE on your Exchange Server, I'm not
aware of any issues specifically between Exchange and WSUS. You will need to
make allowances for the presence and management of OWA -- but that's easily
handled by putting WSUS on its own virtual server (port 8530).

"SES Ian" <SES I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with SUS that it is running on the same server as MS
> Exchange server, they are in conflict with each other and thus both wont
> work. If I upgrade to WSUS will this still happen or will it fix my problem?
> Thanks Ian

SES Ian

Nov 26, 2005, 3:13:01 AM11/26/05
Thanks for that, the main problem is that they will not work together, as
they are now i can't use either exchange or SUS. We only run a single server
and unfortunatly i have limited knowlage of it in these situations. I have
tried to reinstall SUS and exchange and some of the workarounds on the
Microsoft site but still no good.

Dave Mills

Nov 26, 2005, 5:52:50 AM11/26/05
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:13:01 -0800, "SES Ian"
<SES...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for that, the main problem is that they will not work together, as
>they are now i can't use either exchange or SUS. We only run a single server
>and unfortunatly i have limited knowlage of it in these situations. I have
>tried to reinstall SUS and exchange and some of the workarounds on the
>Microsoft site but still no good.

Are you running SBS. If so it is not exchange that is no compatible.

--
Dave Mills
There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

SES Ian

Nov 26, 2005, 8:56:02 AM11/26/05
No Not SBS, Win 2000 server
Ian

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

Nov 26, 2005, 2:15:13 PM11/26/05
If you could expand, with some /detail/, on what you have experienced that
consitutes "will not work together" I might be able to help you resolve that
issue.

If not, it's entirely possible you /will/ encounter similar issues with WSUS,
even though you should not.

"SES Ian" <SES...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

SES Ian

Nov 26, 2005, 6:11:03 PM11/26/05
Ok thanks, i will have another look at it when next there (it is a voluntary
emergency service) we are not always there. What has happened is that when
the Exchange was put on the SUS stoped working, wheni looked on the MS site
to see how to fix, it was sugested that it would be best to re run IIS
lockdown. After doing so both programs stoped.