SP1 Error Keeps rebooting.

"1SE"

Apr 25, 2005, 6:43:48 PM4/25/05
THIS IS MY THIRD POST WITH THIS ISSUE?
I've had several replies requests if I have received an answer, I've yet to
receive any assistance

PLEASE anyone have any ideas
After my SP1 install I cannot login... I get a error (NT AUTHORITY \ SYSTEM,
in system32/lsass.exe,
with the error number 1073741819 The machine must now be restarted.
And it gives me a 2 minute countdown but no way to stop it because I can't
login.)
HELP.
(no this is NOT the sasser worms.)
I am NOT running exchange.
I am trying to run Terminal services in application mode.
It's Brand new DELL hardware.
I've updated all drivers and BIOS's.

Hank Arnold

Apr 26, 2005, 3:33:13 AM4/26/05
Have you contacted PSS yet? Support here is on a volunteer basis only. PSS
is the only way you can be guaranteed support. Problems with SP and hot
fixes are usually free...

Have you talked to Dell yet. There are known issues with SP1 on Dell servers
in certain configurations...
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1092292&c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=#9

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

""1SE"" <smlbusne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Doug Sherman [MVP]

Apr 27, 2005, 2:22:58 PM4/27/05
I don't have a solution except to try uninstalling SP1:

1. Try booting in Safe Mode or Directory Services Restore Mode.

2. If you cannot logon with #1, boot to the CD and Select Repair - Recovery
Console. If you can logon this way, change to the
C:\WINDOWS\$NTServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\ Folder. Run spuninst.exe

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"1SE"

Apr 27, 2005, 5:04:35 PM4/27/05
What's 'PSS'?
Thank you VERY much I think this may be my issue I'm still investigating the
DELL site.

"Hank Arnold" <ras...@aol.com> wrote in message

Kevin McNiel [MSFT]

Apr 28, 2005, 5:09:10 PM4/28/05
If the Registry Preparation tool that Dell released
(http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R98878)
does not resolve the problem, and assuming you are unable to boot to Safe
Mode or Directory Services Restore Mode, follow the steps in Knowledge Base
article 825062 Service Pack 4 Permits You to Remove the Service Pack by
Using the (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825062) to remove the service
pack files. The article mentions Windows 2000, but the steps are the same.
Once done, browse to the Windows\System32\Config folder, rename System to
System.old, Software to Software.old, and then rename System.sp1 to System
and Software.sp1 to Software. Once done, type Exit. This will restart the
system. Boot to Normal mode and try to log in. If you are still unable to,
post the results here with the exact wording of any error messages you may
receive during the boot process.

PSS refers to Microsoft Product Support Services.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.