OWA and RWW not accessible.

April

Jul 16, 2007, 11:50:02 AM7/16/07
I have SBS2003 (premium edition) and just recently noticed that our OWA/RWW
is not accessible...what has changed: over the weekend I install CA
Integrated Threat Management R8 (to combine our antivirus and pestpatrol
software) but I couldn't tell you at which point the OWA/RWW services stopped
working.

Since I've tried restarting the services: IIS, ISA, Web Proxy, WWW, Routing
and Remote but nothing seemed to work, then I re-ran the CEICW but still
nothing, any ideas?

Thanks

April

Jul 16, 2007, 11:58:03 AM7/16/07
I forgot to mention...when I go to the website; I get page cannot be displayed.

Costas

Jul 16, 2007, 1:01:45 PM7/16/07
Goto IIS Manager, "Default Web Site" / "Properties" and under "ASP.NET",
make sure that the version listed is 1.1 . Do the same for the "Remote"
virtual directory and then from the command prompt run: iisreset /noforce

I don't know if that will help but it's possible that the program you
installed changed the version of ASP.NET and created the problem you have

Costas

"April" <Ap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

April

Jul 16, 2007, 1:30:02 PM7/16/07
Sorry didn't help. any other suggestions?

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 16, 2007, 1:48:38 PM7/16/07
In your router, make sure ports 443 and 4125 are forwarded to your SBS NIC
(the external NIC if a 2-NIC system).

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"April" <Ap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 16, 2007, 1:50:18 PM7/16/07
And when you re-ran CEICW, did you checkmark "enable the firewall", select
the services and complete CEICW?

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

April

Jul 16, 2007, 2:02:02 PM7/16/07
Everything was working fine until I installed this software. I cant think of
anything that would have affected IIS..I contact CA to see if they have and
known issues in regards to this and when I re-ran the CEICW I didn't
checkmark anything, I left all the configurations as is.
What do you think?

April

Jul 16, 2007, 2:16:05 PM7/16/07
I just remember...before we installed ITM R8, I had to upgrade the etrust
antivirus for gateway v7.1...

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 16, 2007, 3:57:49 PM7/16/07
Hi April,

I don't use ETrust or any other CA product, so I can't speak to any problems
with it. As for CEICW, re-run it and when it gets to the firewall, check
"enable", re-select any services that you need, then complete the rest of
CEICW.

I'm wondering if E-Trust may have messed with your IIS web sites or secure
ports?

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"April" <Ap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

April

Jul 16, 2007, 4:16:06 PM7/16/07
Yeah I called etrust and its doesnt seem to be there problem either, so i'm
stumped!
I re-ran the CEICW and enable the firewall settings, re-select the
services..but it didnt fix the problem :(

any other suggestions?

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 16, 2007, 4:21:59 PM7/16/07
SBS 2003 Standard or Premium?
1 NIC or 2 in the SBS server?

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"April" <Ap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

April

Jul 17, 2007, 8:42:03 AM7/17/07
SBS Premium with 2 NICs

The other thing I should mention is I also installed another hard drive. I
cant see this being the case, but you never know.
Everything was working fine before I did these installs. ummmmm

April

Jul 17, 2007, 9:16:03 AM7/17/07
This message appears what I type: http://IP address/exchange

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.
Please try the following:
• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
• Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information
you want.
• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.
• Verify that the Internet access policy on your network allows you to view
this this page.
• If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone
number listed on the Web site home page.
HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required - The ISA Server requires
authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
denied. (12209)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

This message appear when I type: http://FQDN/exchange

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.
Please try the following:
• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
• Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information
you want.
• If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone
number listed on the Web site home page.
10061 - Connection refused
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just saw a post and it mentioned something about ISA 2004 proxy loop
chain, and rebuilding the certificate. Could this be the same problem? If so,
how would I go about rebuilding the certificate. I've already re-ran the
CEICW and create a new web server certificate but that didnt seem to work.
ideas??

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 17, 2007, 12:53:17 PM7/17/07
Check something for me...

Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | IIS | <sbsservername> (local
computer) | Web Sites | (rt. click) Default Web Site | Properties |
Directory Security

In Authentication and Access Control... "Enable Authenticated Access" and
"Integrated Windows Authentication" should be checkmarked

IP address and Domain Name Restrictions... "Denied Access" should be checked
and in the "Except the following" field:
Granted | <sbs_server_IP_address (255.255.255.0)
Granted | 127.0.0.1

Secure Communications... View Certificate: publishing.<domainname>.local

Is all of this correct on your SBS server?

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

> This message appears what I type: http://IP address/exchange
>
> The page cannot be displayed
> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
> displayed.
> Please try the following:

> . Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
> . Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information
> you want.
> . If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
> spelled correctly.
> . Verify that the Internet access policy on your network allows you to
> view
> this this page.
> . If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please

> contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone
> number listed on the Web site home page.
> HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required - The ISA Server requires
> authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
> denied. (12209)
> Internet Security and Acceleration Server
>
> This message appear when I type: http://FQDN/exchange
>
> The page cannot be displayed
> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
> displayed.
> Please try the following:

> . Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
> . Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information
> you want.
> . If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please

April

Jul 17, 2007, 2:28:01 PM7/17/07
In Authentication and Access Control... "Enable Authenticated Access" and
"Integrated Windows Authentication" is checkmarked

Was set to Granted Access, then change to the following:

IP address and Domain Name Restrictions... "Denied Access" should be checked
and in the "Except the following" field:

Granted | Server IP Address
Granted | 127.0.0.1

PS: Not sure what you meant here " <sbs_server_IP_address (255.255.255.0) "
I hope I set it correctly.
Than if asked me about inheritance overrides for the child nodes:
Exadmin
Exchange
exchange-oma
Microsoft-Server ActiveSync
OMA
Public

I select all then applied, but this didn't work...ummmmm

April

Jul 18, 2007, 10:26:06 AM7/18/07
Hi there...I am sorry to say that my problem still exists...I've tried
everything, any ideas?

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Jul 18, 2007, 6:18:20 PM7/18/07
April,

Did CA install AspNet 2.0? If so, switch the virutal directories back to
vers. 1.1...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/browse_thread/thread/e131d28778ef5e7/9d2c1a103b13f04f?lnk=st&q=sbs+check+the+version+of+ASP.NET+the+sites+are+using&rnum=1&hl=en#9d2c1a103b13f04f

All Windows Small Business Server Website and Virtual Directories work only
with .Net Framework 1.1 and are no support with 2.0

- Default website
- Exchange (OWA)
- Remote (RWW)
- ActiveSync
- OMA and all
- Companyweb
- SharePoint Central Administration
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration

1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Expand to Server | Web Sites | Default Web Sites
3. Right click the each web site and select Properties.
4. On the ASP.NET tab, make sure the version is 1.1.4322.

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"April" <Ap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

April

Jul 19, 2007, 9:40:04 AM7/19/07
Hi Merv...
I followed these directions and didn't find the ASP.NET tab in the last
step, there is no tab.

> 1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
> 2. Expand to Server | Web Sites | Default Web Sites
> 3. Right click the each web site and select Properties.
> 4. On the ASP.NET tab, make sure the version is 1.1.4322.

Instead I went to:

> 1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
> 2. Expand to Server | Web Sites

> 3. Right click and select Properties.
> 4. On the ISAPI Filters tab, filter name it says ASP.NET_1.1.4322.2379...is this the same as version is 1.1.4322??

Also, when I go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, is says:
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 - Device Update 4.0, is this ok?

Please advise. Thank you.
April

PS: I am on the phone with CA now to see if they did any upgrade with
ASP.NET. I will let you know asap. Thanks

April

Jul 19, 2007, 10:16:07 AM7/19/07
UPDATE -When I type:

http://servername/
http://servername/exchange
http://servername/remote
and when I visit the companyweb I am able to see all these sites internally.
Hope this helps.

weath...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 7:09:56 AM7/24/07
Any update yet?

I am having a problem with exchange since installing CA 8.1.

Luckily I have a cluster so only one node is affected.