Backup Report

lule

Apr 17, 2007, 3:51:13 PM4/17/07
If I want to see backup report in "Server Management Console" (Under
"Standard Menagement" then "Backup"), I get:
"The page cannot be displayed
A problem has occurred with the Manage Small Business Server Backup
snap in. Close and re-open Server Management. If this problem
continues, restart the IIS Admin Service."
The suggested solution does not work. Can somebody help me on this
matter?
I appritiate every suggestion.

Terence Liu [MSFT]

Apr 18, 2007, 3:46:38 AM4/18/07
Hello Hotimir,

Thanks for posting here.

As I understand from your post message, you can not view the backup report
when you click the backup snap-in in the server management. If I am off
base, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Scenario 1:
This problem can be caused by the task "Back Up Small Business Server" is
deleted manually from Scheduled Tasks, which is created by backup wizard.

To resolve this issue, please re-schedule the backup task. If you want SBS
to backup the server, please re-run Backup Configuration Wizard (Server
Management -> Backup -> Configure Backup) and select "Change existing
backup settings" to let the wizard recreate the task. If you do not want
SBS to backup the server, please select "Do not use Small Business Server
backup".

In addition, you can also correct this by changing the following registry
key.

Key name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Backup\
Key Value: Backup Configuration
Key Data: it should be "1" originally. Please change it to "2"

After the changing, please reopen your backup snap-in and re-schedule the
backup task again.

Scenario 2:
The service running the backup was set to a user account instead of System
also caused this issue. To resolve this issue we set the backup job to run
as System which had the same date format as the Network Service

1) Click Start, point to Control Panel, point to Scheduled Tasks.
2) Under the lists of Tasks, right click "Back Up Small Business Server"
and select Properties
3) On the Task tab, verify the "Run As" option specifies NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

If the problem cannot be resolved by above steps, please help to collect
the following information.

1. Can you access other built-in web sites such as RWW or monitoring
snap-in in the server management?

2. Is there any event logged in the event viewer?

3. Please help to collect metabase for further research.

a. Install .NET Framework Version 1.1:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842
-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en>.

b. Install MBExplorer by installing IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73
-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en>.

c. Once it is installed, access it from Start, Programs, IIS Resources,
Metabase Explorer.

d. In the left pane, right click ''LM'' (under your server computer name)
to choose ''Export to file'', and then save it as SBSIIS.mbk.

e. Compress this mbk file, Application log, System log, and send it to me
at v-te...@microsoft.com.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me
know.

Hope these steps will give you some help.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Terence Liu(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
| From: lule <Hotimi...@gmail.com>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
| Subject: Backup Report
| Date: 17 Apr 2007 12:51:13 -0700

lule

Apr 23, 2007, 6:45:21 AM4/23/07
On Apr 18, 9:46 am, v-ter...@online.microsoft.com (Terence Liu [MSFT])
wrote:

> [...]

> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
> checkhttp://support.microsoft.comfor regional support phone numbers.

> Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.

> --------------------
> | From:lule<Hotimir.Li...@gmail.com>
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
> | Subject:BackupReport

> | Date: 17 Apr 2007 12:51:13 -0700
> | Organization:http://groups.google.com

> groups.com!not-for-mail
> |
> | If I want to seebackupreportin "Server Management Console" (Under

> | "Standard Menagement" then "Backup"), I get:
> | "The page cannot be displayed
> | A problem has occurred with the Manage Small Business ServerBackup
> | snap in. Close and re-open Server Management. If this problem
> | continues, restart the IIS Admin Service."
> | The suggested solution does not work. Can somebody help me on this

Thank you Mr. Liu, for your reply.

You gave me a lot of possible answers.
I have tried "Scenario1". The only thing I did was changing registry
key you suggested, and reopening "Server Menagement" console, and
voila:

"Backup Status for xxxxxx
23.04.2007

The Backup Configuration Wizard has not been run, or backup has been
disabled. We strongly recommend that you back up the Small Business
Server. To configure backup by using Small Business Server tools,
click Configure Backup."

Thank you a lot.

Best regards!

Terence Liu [MSFT]

Apr 24, 2007, 7:12:35 AM4/24/07
Hello Hotimir,

Thank you for kind update.

I'm glad to hear that things are working correctly for you now.

Issue:
==============
Get error when use SBS backup snap-in:

The page cannot be displayed
A problem has occurred with the Manage Small Business Server Backup
snap in. Close and re-open Server Management. If this problem
continues, restart the IIS Admin Service.

Resolution:

Key name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Backup\
Key Value: Backup Configuration
Key Data: it should be "1" originally. Please change it to "2"

Please do not hesitate to post in this great newsgroup if you need any
assistance in the future. I look forward to working with you again.

Thank you and have a nice day,