pop3 connector does not distribute mail

nick

Mar 26, 2005, 5:43:01 PM3/26/05
Hi

I am using SBS2003 and the exchange server is dowloading mail from a single
global pop3 mailbox for distribution amongst the 7 client users.

The pop3 manager downloads mail every 15 mins but does not distribute the
mail to the users' mailboxes. Instead it puts them in the failed mail folder.

3 events are logged in the application log with IDs 1060, 1061 and 1062
under the category "delivery" as follows:

(ID: 1060) An SMTP server does not exist locally or is not properly
configured. Ensure that the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service is
running and properly configured.

(ID: 1061) An error occurred in loading the deliverer for message
id<{E4D4B234-FD3A-4F8C-8D92-CF5FF6D2EC86}>. Any messages that use this
deliverer will not be delivered.

(ID: 1062) The message <id:{E4D4B234-FD3A-4F8C-8D92-CF5FF6D2EC86}> cannot be
delivered due to a problem in the initialization of its deliverer.

The SMTP connector and virtual server are both up and running. I can send
mail out OK and also internally. I have scoured MS knowledge base and Experts
Exchange. I have applied exchange server 2003 SP1.

This system has been working fine since december 04 with no configuration
changes.

Please help.

Nicky B

Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]

Mar 26, 2005, 6:35:31 PM3/26/05
Hi Nick,

Have you tried rerunning CEICW?

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP
One of the Magical M&M's

"nick" <ni...@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

nick

Mar 27, 2005, 11:49:06 AM3/27/05
Thanks for lending your knowledge.

Yes, I have run the wizard again and rebooted. It's really strange.

Nick

Bill Peng [MSFT]

Mar 28, 2005, 5:39:40 AM3/28/05
Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup.

I understand that the POP3 connection is able to retrieve all the mails,
but it is not able to deliver the emails to the clients' mailboxes.

I recommend you to follow these steps to solve the problem.

1. Click Start and click Run.
2. Type msconfig and click OK.
3. Click Expand File button to restore files.
4. Restore the following files from the original SBS installation CD1's
I386 folder:

C:\winnt\system32\inetcomm.dll
C:\winnt\system32\inetres.dll
C:\winnt\system32\msdart.dll
C:\winnt\system32\msoert2.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll

For example, to restore the inetcomm.dll file:

a) In the "File to restore" box, key in: inetcomm.dll
b) In the "Restore From" box, key in: x:\i386\inetcomm.dl_
c) In the "Save File In" box, key in C:\Windows\System32

5. Reboot the computer.

6. Run the following commands:

Regsvr32 C:\winnt\system32\inetcomm.dll
Regsvr32 C:\winnt\system32\inetres.dll
Regsvr32 C:\winnt\system32\msdart.dll
Regsvr32 C:\winnt\system32\msoert2.dll
Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll"

I hope the above info helps.

If you have any update, please feel free to post back.

Bill Peng
MCSE 2000, MCDBA
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?bmljaw==?=" <ni...@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: pop3 connector does not distribute mail
>Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:49:06 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

nick

Mar 30, 2005, 5:21:02 AM3/30/05
Hi Bill,

I have expanded the files as instructed but i hit a snag when i was
registering them.

inetres.dll, msdart.dll and msoert2.dll all gave the following error message:

<name of dll file> was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
found. This file can not be registered.

The system is still not delivering to the client mailboxes.

Your expert help is greatly appreciated. Any other ideas?

Nick

Bill Peng [MSFT]

Mar 30, 2005, 5:45:55 AM3/30/05
Hi Nick,

Thank you for the update.

Please try whether you're able to unregister the files. Run "regsvr32 -u
filename" and check whether you're able to unregister.

Then, please also check whether you're able to register the files in Safe
Mode.

Any update, let's get in touch.

<E33BD573-DBA5-438B...@microsoft.com>
<gVzp6J4...@TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl>

>Subject: Re: pop3 connector does not distribute mail

>Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:21:02 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

nick

Mar 30, 2005, 6:49:03 AM3/30/05
Hi Bill,

When i try to unregister the file i get the same error message. I have also
tried to register them in safe mode and still get the same error message.

Bill Peng [MSFT]

Mar 30, 2005, 9:23:31 PM3/30/05
Hi Nick,

At this point, I would suggest you go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3 folder and double click to
run IMBReg.exe. Then restart the service and check if everything is OK.

Please also check:

If you configure Globale Mailbox in POP3 Connector for all the internal
users, you should make sure the users'' primary email domain matches the
Internet domain that the POP3 Mailbox is using. For example, if the POP3
mailboxes hosted at the ISP side are suing al...@publicdomain.com email
addresses, you should make sure the users are also use
al...@publicdomain.com as their primary addresses. If the users are using
al...@localdomain.local as their email addresses, you should add
@publicdomain.com in the Default Recipient Policy. To do so, please take a
look at the following KB article which also applies to SBS 2003:

325464 The POP3 Connector May Not Deliver Mail to Users
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325464

More information:
============
This issue can also occur if the Incoming Mail or Failed Mail folders are
corrupted. You should probably see the event 1046 or 1048. To resolve the
issue, perform the following steps:

1. Stop the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes Service.

2. Rename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail.old".

3. Rename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Networking\POP3\Failed Mail" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows
Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Failed Mail.old".

4. Create a new "Incoming Mail" and "Failed Mail" folders in the C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\ directory.

5. Double Click imbreg.exe in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small
Business Server\Networking\POP3" directory. Then check if everything is OK.

More information on troubleshooting POP3 Connector problems:

885685 How to troubleshoot the POP3 Connector in Windows Small Business
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885685

If you have any update, let's get in touch.

<12FAA25D-4CFE-4D41...@microsoft.com>
<WSH9tWRN...@TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl>