RE: Reinstalling Remote Web Workplace

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Sep 30, 2005, 12:34:40 AM9/30/05

Thanks for posting here!

For your description, I understand that you want to know how to reinstall
Remote Web Workspace. If I am off base, please don't hesitate to let me
know.

To reinstall Remote Web Workspace, we need to reinstall Network and
Administration components of the administration tool. The detail steps:

0. Before you reinstall those components, I suggest that you do a full
backup of server in case any unexpected things, you can restore server. For
your convenience, I list the Microsoft white paper link:

Backing Up and Restoring Windows Small Business Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/maintain/bkuprstr.mspx

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove
Programs.
2. Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click
Change/Remove. The Setup Wizard appears.
3. Click Next to start the wizard.
4. On the Windows Configuration page, click Next.
5. On the Component Selection page, in the Action column, change
Server Tools to Maintenance, change Network and Administration component to
reinstall, and then click Next.
6. On the Component Summary page, click Next.
7. Click Finish.

After above steps, rerun the CEICW wizard to refresh network connection
configuration again and then try to access the RWW site to check if every
thing is good.
825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825763

Q: Will this also allow me to access exchange remotely via
https://<servername>/exhange?

A: Yes, you can access OWA through RWW.

Hope above information helps! If you have any further concern or questions
on the issue please feel free to let me know. I am glad to help and looking
forward to your reply!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Jenny Wu
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<SeanVr...@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Reinstalling Remote Web Workplace
>Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:36:04 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>

>How do I reinstall the Remote Web Workplace in SBS 2003? Will this also
>allow me to access exchange remotely via https://<servername>/exhange?
>
>Thanks,

bigoldgeek

Mar 11, 2006, 7:39:36 PM3/11/06

PRAISE THE LORD,

I have been looking for this for a couple of weeks, is there anything
else that needs to be done, I came into a missing inetpub directory. I
have exchange working, sharepoint and the company web are not working
yet but I think that may just be a rights issue.

If you have any other pointers, let me know and thanks in advance.

BOG

--
bigoldgeek

Russ Grover

Mar 12, 2006, 7:29:05 PM3/12/06
well with missing inetpub directory those won't work.
(Do you know what happened to them?)

Can you restore from back up?
If not you will have to Re install the services again
and run CIECW to open the ports for services and set up Certificates.

Russ

--
Russ Grover
Small Business IT Support

"bigoldgeek" <bigoldge...@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Mar 13, 2006, 4:45:21 AM3/13/06
Hi Bog,

Thanks for posting here.

To your sharepoint issue, you can take a look at the following articles to
see if it helps.

829112 How to back up and restore http://companyweb data in Windows Small
Business Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829112

How to restore a Windows SharePoint Services CompanyWeb database after the
intranet component and SQL Server or MSDE 2000 have been removed on Windows
Small Business Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829113/

829114 How to remove and how to install the Windows Small Business Server
2003 SharePoint Services Companyweb Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829114

If the issue persists, I would like suggest that you create a new thread to
post your question in more detail description. Microsoft engineers can only
focus on one issue per thread. We recommend you post different incidents in

different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing so, it will ensure

your issues are resolved in a timely manner. Thank you for your
understanding.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,