Profiles moved but still pointing to the old location

Mark

Oct 8, 2007, 10:44:00 AM10/8/07
I moved everyones profiles about two weeks ago to a brand new server.
Everything was working great until I turned off the old Profile Share. Now
most people can't create shortcuts on their Desktop location, and they also
don't have any shortcuts there that should be. Exploring to both their local
profile Desktop folder and their network-stored profile Desktop folder shows
every shortcut that should exist, however they aren't showing up on the
actual desktop, plus if you try to drag and drop them there or re-create new
ones, they get an error message stating "Cannot copy xxxxx.xxx: the network
path was not found." The error message people are getting upon Windows logon
is:
"\\OLD_PROFILE_SERVERNAME\Home\%USERNAME%\Desktop is not accessible. You
might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found."

Is there a location within Group Policies to store the path for Roaming
Profiles?

Jorge Silva

Oct 8, 2007, 12:08:44 PM10/8/07
Hi
Do you have the GPO redirection enabled with the old path?

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MCSE, MVP Directory Services

"Mark" <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mark

Oct 9, 2007, 3:54:01 PM10/9/07
No, I am not aware of anything like that. Where and how do I set that up?

Mark

Jorge Silva