SIMPLE (I Hope) AD SITE/SUBNET Question

CB

Apr 19, 2006, 12:40:49 PM4/19/06
Greetings,
I hope this is really simple...

I've had my 2003 Interim mode Active Directory site up and running for
over a year without issue.

I seem to recall entering in my subnet info at some point, but when I
look in AD Sites & Services I do not have any subnets listed. NOTE: I
only have one small subnet on my LAN.

Questions:
1. Should I enter in my one subnet under subnets?

2. Any potential issues with it?

A little more background if you're interested....
I'm setting up AD Site Boundaries in a new SMS2003 primary
site...that's why I went looking at ADS&S.

Thanks in advance,
CB

Ken Aldrich

Apr 19, 2006, 1:04:29 PM4/19/06
Yeah, just create a subnet object and enter in your subnet information. Its
definitely not going to harm anything and there are some advantages that may
be realized down the road.

--
Ken Aldrich
DSRAZOR for Windows

"CB" <ques...@tech.net> wrote in message

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Apr 19, 2006, 10:22:54 PM4/19/06

I agree with Ken. Please go ahead and let us know if you still have
concerns on this.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.