RE: configuration problems

Will

Feb 7, 2005, 6:25:03 AM2/7/05
Code purple is likely bad news to an Hp Mce owner. It was to me when I found
out by calling the 1-800 support #, that my "Tattoo" had been lost. Tattoo is
part of start-up, which if missing, makes your PC useless until Tattoo is
replaced. You will find that you can not restore from the D:\Restore drive
using F10 on start-up, from DVD backup you may have made, or from the 7-8 MCE
installation CDs you can get from HP if your code purple is same as what
happened to this PC. Solution is to take PC to HP certified dealer who will,
with HP's help, reinstall Tattoo. If this is the case for you and you find
out anything more about Code Purple post it here.

"maximusDM" wrote:

> i have a hp media center pc m377n i want to do a full system recovery right
> and when its finished doing that windows loads and a window pops up system
> configuration incorrect code purple how do i fix that

Unknown

Mar 10, 2005, 12:09:06 PM3/10/05
Pls let me know when and HOW you solve your CODE PURPLE problem . I have the
same problem with my HP m376n MCE. Recovery disks do not solve the problem.
Been told to ship the PC back to the USA to fix from Africa and that is just
not on at the moment because of the costs. I have discovered I can load any
other microsoft OS on the PC but not MCE. I am still hoping for a remote fix
from HP.

Sonny

richardp...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 4:09:50 AM6/2/16