Error 81000314

Tom

Mar 16, 2007, 12:43:13 PM3/16/07
When I sign in i get an error message with the code 81000314. How can thie be
fixed?
--
Thanks

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Mar 16, 2007, 12:48:11 PM3/16/07
Greetings Tom,

The service is down for a number of users at the moment. Just try again later.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

"Tom" <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Shawn

Mar 16, 2007, 12:53:15 PM3/16/07
I too have been getting this since this morning when I applied the Windows
Update files that showed up yesterday. Vista OS.

Shawn

Mar 16, 2007, 12:56:26 PM3/16/07
Then why when I do Help->Service Status does it take me to a page that says
"All systems are stable and running."

Michael W. at Remove nospam

Mar 16, 2007, 1:00:48 PM3/16/07
Hello Johnathan,
Your answer was both helpful and uninformative at the same time. Do you know
the following?

1) Who/what regions are effected?
2) What is causing the outage?
3) When will it be fixed?

Thanks for the clarifications...
--
While I can’t eat integrity, at least I will starve with a clear conscience…

weehuggy

Mar 16, 2007, 1:31:00 PM3/16/07
Im having the same problem i have never had it before is there anyway in
which you can tell us when we will be able to access this because i use it
for work.

DOSrelic

Mar 16, 2007, 3:12:00 PM3/16/07
WHERE?
--
Thanks & Best Regards
DOSrelic®

"Sardar Jamal Khan" wrote:

> I Have Found The Cure...... i have sen this error problem and worked on it
> quickly download this 5 kb file and click on edit and here it goes enjoy :)

Shawn

Mar 16, 2007, 5:02:07 PM3/16/07
I was able to login a few hours ago.

kirk jim

Mar 16, 2007, 5:10:15 PM3/16/07
You are asking why Microsoft lies?

They say vista is a revolutionary OS... lol that's the most preposterous lie
I have ever seen!

"Shawn" <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Nemish

Sep 10, 2008, 11:26:06 AM9/10/08
Then where is the cure... Started giving this error to me also since today
morning...

Actually Windows Update installed some updates today morning.. is it bcoz of
that...?

bigdave

Sep 10, 2008, 12:22:02 PM9/10/08
No Magic cure maybe, however, I had this problem today and installed Pidgin
for Windows, successfully logged in using that, then logged out and retried
with WLM hey presto WLM was working again

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Sep 10, 2008, 9:09:51 PM9/10/08

There was an outage earlier that didn't last too long. The service just came back up --
logging into Pidgin didn't do it I'm afraid.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--

"bigdave" <big...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Sep 10, 2008, 9:09:08 PM9/10/08
Greetings,

As I said, there is no cure, the service had an outage earlier today.

Should be fine now.

--
Jonathan Kay

Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2008 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--

"Nemish" <Nem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

bigdave

Sep 10, 2008, 9:23:00 PM9/10/08
Sorry Jonathan but I have to disagree.

This is not the first time that logging into and back out of Pidgin has
worked for me in this scenario and for your information, the service status
was reported as "all systems fully functional" during the supposed outage.

I can understand not wanting to admit to another vendors product could
potentially fix errors but i genuinely believe this is the case and will
await the next instance of this error and report back.

Gaurav

Sep 11, 2008, 6:45:01 AM9/11/08
Is there another outage now?

I'm getting the same error again....

pugs

Sep 11, 2008, 6:57:01 AM9/11/08
i havent been able to log in for the last 30 mins

Hemi.Royde

Sep 11, 2008, 7:16:01 AM9/11/08
Sigh, i seem to be having this problem now also. Let me guess, another outage?

FadedSpark

Sep 11, 2008, 8:41:02 AM9/11/08
Getting the same problem again (It WAS working last night... ) 81000314 :(

Inserting these 2 lines in the host file is a TEMPORARY and VERY HALF A**ED
FIX! DO NOT forget to remove them.

65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net

Joe Church

Sep 11, 2008, 8:50:01 AM9/11/08
I am getting this same error too, started after I installed some windows
updates recently. I cannot signin to windows live messenger anymore. Error
code: 81000314. I assumed it was a system wide issue, but now I'm convinced
its a problem with messenger itself.

CeeJay

Sep 11, 2008, 9:24:01 AM9/11/08
Me too

I've 4 computers (different WLM IDs) that can't log on to WLM at one site
for the past 24 hours and at another site WLM wasn't available yesterday
afternoon but seems ok today.

CJ

Doccie

Sep 11, 2008, 9:31:00 AM9/11/08
Same here... I haven't been able to log in all day. Is it possible that it
has something to do with corrupted files on our end?

CeeJay

Sep 11, 2008, 10:19:01 AM9/11/08
Thanks, that works.

Interestingly, logging in with this in the hosts file, then removing the
entries (commented out for possible future use), rebooting the PC and logging
back in again seems to have solved the issue.

CJ

Gaurav

Sep 12, 2008, 7:55:01 AM9/12/08
It started working for me after a few hours. didn't do any changes. I'm sure
there was a service outage. The MS service status link though kept showing -
All good

NKG

Oct 23, 2008, 5:54:49 PM10/23/08
I had this error 81000314 with WLM on my XP user account with my .NET login,
so I tried another WLM .NET login - this worked OK, the I tried my .NET login
- and my .NET login did not work Error 81000314. I then logged in to the
computer as a different user account and now my ID worked, so I logged back
in as me and -- my ID did not work Error 81000314.

This meant probably a cache problem somewhere in documents and settings
under my XP account, looking at date and time filestamps I removed the file
in c:\Documents and Settings\default\Contacts\[wndows live
ID]\contactcoll.cache
and the folders in C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

(you can backup if you prefer, however these are recreated by WLM

Now I can login to WLM on my XP account with no problems

loberto

Jan 5, 2009, 9:27:01 AM1/5/09
I am having this problem now. I am in Argentina, so I was wondering if this
is a problem of my physical location or what?

I've been having this problems for wuite some weeks now.

Thanks!
--
Loberto.-