re:updating Outlook Express

Ron Spruell

Oct 3, 2005, 2:08:54 PM10/3/05
I have a problem that I can't seem to get around. I have tried to update
outlook express but can't. Everything works in Outlook Express except when
someone sends my wife an E-mail and they use AOL and the message is 4 to to
6 deep. Then outlook says something about can't open it because it's an exe
program or something like that. The version of Outlook Express I have is
6.00.2800.1123 Yes I know I need to update and that's the problem. I have
tried to update it and if I go to the update page and download the latest
update it looks like it works and on the web page it says it is installed
but it isn't. The next day it again wants to download and install it again
and the version number in Outlook Express hasn't changed. Then I went to the
Out look Express home page and tried to download from there. Even thou they
say its for Me and all the others one of them I try to download came up with
a message after downloading that it's for XP. the other one says I need to
down load outlook express version 6 sp1 so what it amounts to is I can't
update Outlook express for some reason.

--
Ron Spruell

PA Bear

Oct 3, 2005, 6:28:55 PM10/3/05
Forwarded AOL messages: 'Tis the nature of the beast. Save such an attached
EML (or EMAIL) message to your hard-drive > SHIFT+Right-click on the saved
file > Open with > Choose 'Outlook Express' (MSIMN.EXE) and check the
'Always open with...' box and OK your way out. You should now be able to
open each of the "nested" attached emails.

From your headers: 'Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1478'

Are you running Win98? Are you being prompted repeatedly to install
KB837009?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Oct 3, 2005, 8:10:26 PM10/3/05
"Ron Spruell" <spru...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Update to WinXP SP2.

The exact error message would help.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Michael Santovec

Oct 4, 2005, 1:53:15 PM10/4/05
OLEXP: Unable to Open EML File Attachments in Outlook Express
(Fixing the EML File Association)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312355

The nested messages are EML file attachments. Some other program
probably screwed up the EML file associations EarthLink is a common
one). The above article will fix that,

Ron Spruell

Oct 5, 2005, 2:41:19 PM10/5/05
I am running Windows Millennium not 98 but it does want me to keep download
the
same file and as I said when I manually download it the update seems to take
but if it does and automatic down load the download pages says it did not
take and yes it keeps wanting to download KB837009 and I manually download
it and it looks like it takes as I said but yes that's the one that is the
file.

Ron Spruell

--
Ron Spruell

Ron Spruell

Oct 5, 2005, 2:49:05 PM10/5/05
The message I just posted should tell you what you need to know. It just
keeps asking me to down load the same file KB837009 and when I manually
download it and it installs it looks like it did install even the web page
say it installed. But it doesn't the next day it wants to download it again
and if it automaticially downloads it then it says it failed. Then if I go
to the Outlook Express web page and try and download some of the updates
there one of them gives the error massage that I need XP even thou on the
web page it says for all windows operating systems then if I try another
update on the same web page it say I need outlook express 6 sp1 so it would
not let me down load any of the updates. So what it amounts to is I can't
update. That is the exact error messages I get how be it they are not
exactly error messages. And thanks for the help.
--
Ron Spruell

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" <franks...@mvps.org> wrote in message

PA Bear

Oct 6, 2005, 12:31:46 AM10/6/05
Clear History, delete Cookies and delete TIF via IE: Tools > Options >
General, then...

1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D­B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. (During the reboot, keep pressing the
F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears > Choose Safe Mode > Enter.)

3. In Safe Mode, rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to
C:\ (the root directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)

4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V (Note the spaces) > press
ENTER

5. Close the command window.

6. Reboot into Windows and see if the problem persists.

Ron Spruell

Oct 13, 2005, 10:17:56 AM10/13/05
Ok I tried all that you ask me to do and I still can't update Outlook
Explorer. I really am stumped as to what to do next. I have really put a lot
of work into Outlook to make it work as I want including a lot of different
folders and a script I got from here that lets me pick my wifes e-mail or my
own and now not being able to update Outlook Express is really getting on my
nerves. I have never had a problem like this and now I wonder what I did to
make it not be able to update it?
Thanks for the help but if you have anu other instructions I will try them.
I did try doing your suggestions a couple of times making sure I did them
step by step so I printed them out and followed them leter for letter.

Ron Spruell

--
Ron Spruell
"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Clear History, delete Cookies and delete TIF via IE: Tools > Options >
> General, then...
>
> 1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
> Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
> Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D耑6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Oct 13, 2005, 11:45:08 AM10/13/05

> Ok I tried all that you ask me to do and I still can't update Outlook
> Explorer. I really am stumped as to what to do next. I have really
> put a lot of work into Outlook to make it work as I want including a
> lot of different folders and a script I got from here that lets me
> pick my wifes e-mail or my own and now not being able to update
> Outlook Express is really getting on my nerves. I have never had a
> problem like this and now I wonder what I did to make it not be able
> to update it?
> Thanks for the help but if you have anu other instructions I will try
> them. I did try doing your suggestions a couple of times making sure
> I did them step by step so I printed them out and followed them leter
> for letter.
>
> Ron Spruell

Updating to SP2 will reinstall OE6.

Or,
How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378
Make sure your anti-virus is turned off.
The section
Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet
Explorer 6
works on earlier versions of Windows.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

PA Bear

Oct 13, 2005, 5:24:52 PM10/13/05
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE wrote:
> "Ron Spruell" <spru...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Ok I tried all that you ask me to do and I still can't update Outlook
>> Explorer. I really am stumped as to what to do next. I have really
>> put a lot of work into Outlook to make it work as I want including a
>> lot of different folders and a script I got from here that lets me
>> pick my wifes e-mail or my own and now not being able to update
>> Outlook Express is really getting on my nerves. I have never had a
>> problem like this and now I wonder what I did to make it not be able
>> to update it?
>> Thanks for the help but if you have anu other instructions I will try
>> them. I did try doing your suggestions a couple of times making sure
>> I did them step by step so I printed them out and followed them leter
>> for letter.
>>
>> Ron Spruell
>
> Updating to SP2 will reinstall OE6.
>
> Or,
> How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
> Windows
> XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378
<snip>

OP's running WinME, Frank.

PA Bear

Oct 13, 2005, 5:31:44 PM10/13/05
Assuming you're posting from the problem machine, I can tell from your
headers (Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1478) that you didn't manage to
force an install of 837009, Ron. Don't know what to tell you other than the
method I posted (even without rebooting into Safe Mode) has worked just fine
for other Win9x users.

Tell me if this scenario applies to you: Running WinME, you upgrade to IE6
SP1 then, due to some sort of problem later on, you reinstall WinME without
first uninstalling IE6 SP1.
--
~PA Bear

Ron Spruell wrote:
> Ok I tried all that you ask me to do and I still can't update Outlook
> Explorer. I really am stumped as to what to do next. I have really put a
> lot
> of work into Outlook to make it work as I want including a lot of
> different
> folders and a script I got from here that lets me pick my wifes e-mail or
> my
> own and now not being able to update Outlook Express is really getting on
> my
> nerves. I have never had a problem like this and now I wonder what I did
> make it not be able to update it?
> Thanks for the help but if you have anu other instructions I will try
> them.
> I did try doing your suggestions a couple of times making sure I did them
> step by step so I printed them out and followed them leter for letter.
>
> Ron Spruell
>

>> Clear History, delete Cookies and delete TIF via IE: Tools > Options >
>> General, then...
>>
>> 1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
>> Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
>> Desktop:
>>

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D­B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Oct 13, 2005, 8:26:04 PM10/13/05
"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I misread. The article will, however, work for WinMe.

Ron Spruell

Oct 14, 2005, 10:47:34 AM10/14/05
I am running Windows Millennium not XP so can't do that I should have
mentioned I was running Millennium.
--
Ron Spruell

Ron Spruell

Oct 14, 2005, 10:56:26 AM10/14/05
Well I don't remember now exactly but I know I didn't uninstall anything I
just re-installed Windows Millennium. I was running the latest version of
Windows and Outlook Express then I had a computer problem so I had to
reinstall Windows Millennium after I reinstall windows I had to keep
upgrading Internet explorer until I could get it to take Internet Explorer
v6.0 and this took me some time to find the lower version and several tries
before I realized why Internet Explorer v6.0 would not install after I had
re-installed Windows Millennium. Then after several attempts I remembered
that I could not just install Internet Explorer v6.0 after I had reinstalled
Windows because the version of Internet Explorer that came with the disk was
v5.0 of Internet Explorer but I had to go from update to update until I had
a version Internet Explorer v6.0 would install to. Then I installed v6.0 of
Internet explorer. If I now have SP1 and if there is an SP2 out there I
guess that's what I need to do is try and download that and see if it fixes
outloo express.

--

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D耑6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

PA Bear

Oct 14, 2005, 6:00:05 PM10/14/05
This thread so far:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/581dfeadd9de341a/d38664d13367ef6b?q=updating&rnum=1&hl=en#d38664d13367ef6b

If you upgraded to IE6 and then reinstalled WinME *without* first
uninstalling IE6, you end up with what the WinME pros call "sersion soup",
and "version soup" is most likely the cause of your current problem (and
possibly others).

The fix for this is clearly outlined on MVP Noel Paton's page,
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/ReInIE.htm. Follow the directions
*exactly* as written, in order.

I'm crossposting my reply to WinME General newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windowsme.general) so they'll know of your plaint and
you'll be able to find and followup in that newsgroup.

Once you get everything straightened out, OE, IE & Windows should be able to
update properly at Windows Update, Ron.

Best of luck.
--
~PA Bear

CC: Noel

Ron Spruell wrote:
> Well I don't remember now exactly but I know I didn't uninstall anything I
> just re-installed Windows Millennium. I was running the latest version of
> Windows and Outlook Express then I had a computer problem so I had to
> reinstall Windows Millennium after I reinstall windows I had to keep
> upgrading Internet explorer until I could get it to take Internet Explorer
> v6.0 and this took me some time to find the lower version and several
> tries
> before I realized why Internet Explorer v6.0 would not install after I had
> re-installed Windows Millennium. Then after several attempts I remembered
> that I could not just install Internet Explorer v6.0 after I had
> reinstalled
> Windows because the version of Internet Explorer that came with the disk
> was
> v5.0 of Internet Explorer but I had to go from update to update until I
> had
> a version Internet Explorer v6.0 would install to. Then I installed v6.0
> of
> Internet explorer. If I now have SP1 and if there is an SP2 out there I
> guess that's what I need to do is try and download that and see if it
> fixes
> outloo express.
>

>> Assuming you're posting from the problem machine, I can tell from your
>> headers (Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1478) that you didn't manage
>> to force an install of 837009, Ron. Don't know what to tell you other
>> than the method I posted (even without rebooting into Safe Mode) has
>> worked just fine for other Win9x users.
>>
>> Tell me if this scenario applies to you: Running WinME, you upgrade to
>> IE6
>> SP1 then, due to some sort of problem later on, you reinstall WinME
>> without
>> first uninstalling IE6 SP1.

<major snippage>
<reformat/paste>

I have a problem that I can't seem to get around. I have tried to update
outlook express but can't. Everything works in Outlook Express except when
someone sends my wife an E-mail and they use AOL and the message is 4 to to
6 deep. Then outlook says something about can't open it because it's an exe
program or something like that.

The version of Outlook Express I have is 6.00.2800.1123

Yes I know I need to update and that's the problem. I have tried to update

it and if I go to the update page and download the latest update [837009] it

looks like it works and on the web page it says it is installed but it
isn't.

The next day it again wants to download and install it again and the version
number in Outlook Express hasn't changed. Then I went to the Out look
Express home page and tried to download from there. Even thou they say its
for Me and all the others one of them I try to download came up with a
message after downloading that it's for XP. the other one says I need to
down load outlook express version 6 sp1 so what it amounts to is I can't
update Outlook express for some reason.
--
Ron Spruell

</paste>

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Oct 14, 2005, 10:31:01 PM10/14/05

> I am running Windows Millennium not XP so can't do that I should have
> mentioned I was running Millennium.

raziye

Oct 15, 2005, 4:23:13 AM10/15/05

"Ron Spruell" <spru...@bellsouth.net>, haber iletisinde şunları
yazdı:eYt3f.21861$ke....@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D­B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

Ron Spruell

Oct 18, 2005, 7:47:24 AM10/18/05
I found out something new this morning. I re-downloaded Internet Explorer
v6.0 sp1 which I knew I had download when I looked at the version and it
said nothing about SP1. Well it said I had alread downloaded all the
componets but I said re-download and when it did after about 13% thru it
jumped to 62% but continued to download it looked OK. And after downloaded
it said everything was OK except it still said nothing about SP1. Well tried
to download it again and again it got to the same place and jumped to 62%
again it continued to download and looked and acted OK but it's obviously
not and the reason Outlook express isn't working right I bet. Any suggestion
as to why Internet Explorer isn't downloading right? Also I tried to update
Internet Explorer SP1 and it said I had to download SP1 first which I had
already done at least twice.
--
Ron Spruell

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Oct 18, 2005, 8:46:27 AM10/18/05
> I found out something new this morning. I re-downloaded Internet
> Explorer v6.0 sp1 which I knew I had download when I looked at the
> version and it said nothing about SP1. Well it said I had alread
> downloaded all the componets but I said re-download and when it did
> after about 13% thru it jumped to 62% but continued to download it
> looked OK. And after downloaded it said everything was OK except it
> still said nothing about SP1. Well tried to download it again and
> again it got to the same place and jumped to 62% again it continued
> to download and looked and acted OK but it's obviously not and the
> reason Outlook express isn't working right I bet. Any suggestion as
> to why Internet Explorer isn't downloading right? Also I tried to
> update Internet Explorer SP1 and it said I had to download SP1 first
> which I had already done at least twice.

You posted with SP1

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

PA Bear

Oct 18, 2005, 1:44:45 PM10/18/05
Posted & mailed.

> I tried to update Internet Explorer SP1 and it said I had to download SP1
> first which I had already done at least twice.

No, it said IE6 SP1 must be "installed": This is MS's round-about way of
saying what you want to install is already installed (though your install of
IE6 SP1 is damaged).

Ron, see my last reply in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/msg/e9b7cddfed787eaf?hl=en

<QP>
This thread so far: [ http://snipurl.com/io8x ]

[...]

</QP>

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Ron Spruell wrote:
> I found out something new this morning. I re-downloaded Internet Explorer
> v6.0 sp1 which I knew I had download when I looked at the version and it
> said nothing about SP1. Well it said I had alread downloaded all the
> componets but I said re-download and when it did after about 13% thru it
> jumped to 62% but continued to download it looked OK. And after downloaded
> it said everything was OK except it still said nothing about SP1. Well
> tried to download it again and again it got to the same place and jumped
> to 62% again it continued to download and looked and acted OK but it's
> obviously not and the reason Outlook express isn't working right I bet.
> Any suggestion as to why Internet Explorer isn't downloading right? Also
> I tried to update Internet Explorer SP1 and it said I had to download SP1
> first which I had already done at least twice.

Ron Spruell

Oct 18, 2005, 6:52:09 PM10/18/05
Well I can't find that listed any where that is the SP1 version number.
Before I had to re-install windows Melliennum I could click on help in
Internet Explorer and it said version so and so SP1 well I can't see that on
this end now althou you said it posted as SP1. I went to the download page
here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-
48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en
there I again download Internet explorer v6.0 and as I said in the post
below it went well until it got to about 13% then it jumped to 62% At the
bottom of this page after I again downloaded Internet Explorer v6.0 SP1
which as I said this doesn't appear on my end then I tried to update SP1
called " Update for Internet Explorer 6 service pack 1 (KB831167)" which I
thought would be the next thing to do. Well when I tried to download and
install this it said I had to down load Internet Explorer v6.0 SP1 before I
downloaded and installed this update. Well I had already downloaded it but
it appears something is wrong because I should be able to install this if in
fact I do have SP1 installed correctly. I just don't know what is going on.
The reason I posted this is the fact I am still not able to update Outloo
Express and appears to be stuck on v6.00.2800.1123 and the version of
Internet Explorer is v6.0.2800.1106 Ciber Strenth 128 bit I hope this gives
you guys something to go on because I sure need help I have never had a
program that refused to update that I can remember. About several post up PA
Bear gave me this to do which I did twice because the first time it didn't
work so I did it again just to make sure I had followed the instruction
correctly. See below the instructions I followed.

[...]

PA Bear

Oct 18, 2005, 7:44:10 PM10/18/05
Your install of IE6 SP1 (and WinME, for that matter), is *hosed*! It's what
causing all of your problems.

See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/msg/e9b7cddfed787eaf?hl=en

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5F-4B21-8D耑6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

> 2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. (During the reboot, keep pressing
> the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears > Choose Safe Mode >
> Enter.)
>
> 3. In Safe Mode, rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to
> C:\ (the root directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)
>
> 4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V (Note the spaces) > press
> ENTER
>
> 5. Close the command window.
>
> 6. Reboot into Windows and see if the problem persists.

Ron Spruell

Oct 20, 2005, 7:57:18 PM10/20/05
Well now I know my system is hosed now if I knew what hosed is I might could
fix it.<BG> I will look at the articial and thanks even hosed it works
soooo.
--
Ron Spruell

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ron Spruell

Oct 24, 2005, 9:23:57 PM10/24/05
Ok I have read thru the web page you sent me to for uninstalling IE but I
have a couple of question thou. What are they talking about on this line
that follows:?

Download the SRIERFix from here (right-click on the link and select 'Save
Target as...)

I downloaded SRIERFix but then it said (right click on the link and select
Save Target as..) Now I know how to save target as but what link? I don't
understand. Are they talking about when I run SRIERFix there will be a link
come up that I should right click on or what?

Also I download IE v6.0 and have it on my hard drive but the artical
mentions about AOL disk and I just happen to have several AOL disk but does
that mean I can get IE off their disk?

You know I had a couple of problems with IE version 6.0 one was I couldn't
type a question mark in the URL bar and then type Microsoft or what ever and
it would bring up the search engine something trashed that and I believe a
virues or Trojon did that. I have a granddaughter and she brought some of
her former friends to my home, she knew better and they got on some very bad
web sites so I had problems. I have a firewall built into my ADSL modem and
I have a virus scanner McAfee's which I keep current but I also keep all of
these current, Adware and spybot spyware Blaster, to make a long story short
I had the protection but when they over rode that then went to the sites
that were how shall I say trouble well my system was almost toast.

Thanks for your help PA Bear I would not have found this with out help. What
I did was re-install Windows Me on top of Windows Me to get IE Explorer
working again. I knew IE would be in the version 5 range but I forgot I had
to download each following version version until I got to a version IE v6.0
would install on top of. I did not want nor do I now want to use Fdisk then
reformat my hard drive then reinstall windows. I would loose all my
downloaded sharware programs which I have a lot of and the reason for my
searching for an answer. On the IEradicator page they talk like I could
uninstall IE and run windows with out it which might be an option but I bet
Outlook Express wouldn't run nor would another mail program I had and was
using called, well I forgot it's name now.
--
Ron Spruell

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PA Bear

Oct 24, 2005, 9:52:58 PM10/24/05
Ron, I strongly urge you to follow through with Noel's procedure with the
assistance of Noel and the other WinME experts at
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsme.general, to which I'm
crossposting my reply once again.

Archived, related threads: http://snipurl.com/izda
--
~PA Bear

Noel Paton

Oct 25, 2005, 4:44:17 AM10/25/05
(thanks, Bear!)
Ron - you seems to have already done the Save part of the SRIEFix bit (I was
trying to give instructions on exactly how to download the file -
suggestions for improvement always welcome!) - you need to check that you
have run the file properly, and got the required result.
Open MSCONFIG - is there an entry for "*Statemgr" there? - if yes, then the
file has been properly installed, and you can proceed (may be a good idea to
test SR' function, though - look here for a quick test procedure
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/quiktipsr.htm )

A full install of IE6 is one of the requirements when installing AOL
versions greater than 6(?) - so they actually provide the files on the disk.

The problem with reinstalling ME over itself once IE6 has been installed is
that the reinstall does not replace all the files required, and references
in the registry remain to new files that don't exist in earlier versions of
IE - with the result that behaviour becomes unpredictable at best.

Removing IE from ME has a number of consequences (in addition to the
breakage of System Restore if you use IERadicator to do the job) -
1) Help & Support will no longer work properly (if at all)
2) You will no longer be able to access Windows Updates
3) Other functions of the OS will either become restricted, or require
redirecting to your new browser (and that can involve some hard work!)

IIRC, using IERadicator does not actually touch Outlook Express itself - but
it does allow the reinstall of IE to upgrade the OE install to current patch
levels as appropriate (I will check this out in the near future).

Reinstalling ME over is NEVER a particularly good idea - there are too many
opportunities for something to break.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ron Spruell

Oct 26, 2005, 4:49:43 PM10/26/05
With all the things that will break using IERadicator can all of them be
fixed. I know it mentions fixing Restore, but help files are important as to
support my support ran out long ago but I need windows update to work so
that said can all of this be fix after I run IERadicator? Reading the web
page at the site to download IERadicator they make it sound like it's the
best thing in the world to remove IE Explorer and if I wanted to get rid of
it I guess it would be great. I have used other browers but have always come
back to IE Explorer because as you know most web pages are designed to use
it and most users use IE Explorer.

Ron Spruell

"Noel Paton" <NoelDPs...@crashfixpc.com> wrote in message

Noel Paton

Oct 26, 2005, 4:58:19 PM10/26/05
Yes, the Help &Support system will run after the reinstall of IE (but ONLY
after the reinstall!) - and AFAIK, it's in perfect shape - it's also
possible to reinstall that if it should prove necessary (it hasn't, yet)
Don't forget that you also need to reinstall all the IE patches that have
come out since the release of IE6SP1, once you've got the base install
working!