Cannot reach links in outlook express

Zuhal Z.

May 2, 2007, 12:06:04 PM5/2/07
I can't get into the links stated in my mail messages at outlook express. I
can open them in internet explorer, but why can I not open them in outlook
express, could not understand. Did I something wrong, or is there a command
where I can change the settings. Thank you in advance. Zuhal.

Bruce Hagen

May 2, 2007, 12:14:10 PM5/2/07
When you click on a link in an e-mail, your browser is supposed to open,
(i.e. Internet Explorer). If this is what is happening, it is the way it
should be.

If you are clicking on a link in OE and nothing is happening, then that's a
different story.

For IE7:

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
Browser: IE /must/ be chosen here if you're running IE7 and want such links
to work.

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to Internet
Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929867

If still no joy, for IE6 & IE7:

From:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

If nothing happens when you click a link:
Open Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to [NONE] URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol (NOT URL:Internet
Shortcut) and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.

"Application used to perform this action" should read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Check the path to
iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the double quotes.)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

#1:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,
IExplore
#3 (blank)

WWW_OpenURL

URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Zuhal Z." <Zuh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zuhal Z.

Apr 26, 2011, 5:06:22 AM4/26/11
To: microsoft.public.windows.
Thank you very much, the first solution you suggested in your answer worked.
Thank you again. Zuhal.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

---
* Synchronet * The Whitehouse BBS --- whitehouse.hulds.com --- check it out free usenet!
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.92

Bruce Hagen

May 3, 2007, 10:10:31 AM5/3/07
You're welcome.

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

"Zuhal Z." <Zuh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zaring@discussions.microsoft.com Dave Zaring

Nov 5, 2008, 9:47:00 PM11/5/08

paolino

Apr 26, 2011, 1:31:33 PM4/26/11
To: microsoft.public.windows.

"Dave Zaring" <Dave Zar...@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:F3D9F898-36B2-45B3...@microsoft.com...

---

M.@discussions.microsoft.com Jenny M.

Feb 11, 2009, 9:46:01 PM2/11/09

Jenny M.

Feb 11, 2009, 9:48:13 PM2/11/09
I tried the first thing you wrote and it worked. Thank you so much!!