Yahoo email

Dr. Indera

Jul 2, 2004, 3:40:39 PM7/2/04
hello,

i attempted to set up yahoo pops, but apparently don't understand a few
things. i think my problem is the network settings. i know that i should use
a different pop3 port and smpt port than the one i am using for my regular
email, but i don't know what to use.

it seems that i get connected in oe, but no emails are downloaded. any help
would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
indera

--
* * * * * * * * * *
Don't just live life.

Kelly Cotter

Jul 2, 2004, 3:49:19 PM7/2/04
"Dr. Indera" <dr.inder...@cant.spam.me> wrote in message

> hello,
>
> i attempted to set up yahoo pops, but apparently don't understand a
> few things. i think my problem is the network settings. i know that i
> should use a different pop3 port and smpt port than the one i am
> using for my regular email, but i don't know what to use.
>
> it seems that i get connected in oe, but no emails are downloaded.
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thank you
> indera

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (use authentication)
Account Name/Login Name: your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address
without the "@yahoo.com")
Email Address: your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., us...@yahoo.com)
Password: your Yahoo! Mail password

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---

Dr. Indera

Jul 2, 2004, 4:22:10 PM7/2/04
hi kelly,

i tried changing the mail options to what you suggested, but it didn't work.
i was prompted for my login info, which i typed in, but couldn't get access.

do you know what settings i should have on the network tab of yahoopops?

thank you.

indera
--
* * * * * * * * * *
Don't just live life.

"Kelly Cotter" <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
in message news:3%iFc.2220$zV.19...@news-text.cableinet.net...
: "Dr. Indera" <dr.inder...@cant.spam.me> wrote in message

:
:

PA Bear

Jul 2, 2004, 5:02:00 PM7/2/04
Kelly Cotter wrote:

> "Dr. Indera" wrote:
>> i attempted to set up yahoo pops, but apparently don't understand a
>> few things. i think my problem is the network settings. i know that i
>> should use a different pop3 port and smpt port than the one i am
>> using for my regular email, but i don't know what to use.
>>
>> it seems that i get connected in oe, but no emails are downloaded.
>> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> thank you
>> indera
>
> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (use authentication)
> Account Name/Login Name: your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address
> without the "@yahoo.com")
> Email Address: your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., us...@yahoo.com)
> Password: your Yahoo! Mail password

Incorrect when using YahooPOPs.

Incoming: localhost (points to YahooPOPs)

Outgoing: either 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (w/authentication) or the SMTP server
for your ISP ['mail.optonline.net' for you, Indera]

However, if yours is a UK-based Yahoo account, you shouldn't have to use
YahooPOPs to access your Yahoo mail in OE. See
http://help.yahoo.com/help/uk/mail/pop/pop-06.html for the correct settings,
Indera.
--
HTH - Please Reply to This Thread

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

AumHa Forums
http://forum.aumha.org

Protect Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect

Dr. Indera

Jul 2, 2004, 9:46:31 PM7/2/04
hi pa bear,

yippee! once again you have bailed me out. thank you so much!

is there a way to have the email from the bulk folder to go to a folder
other than the inbox in oe?
i know that i can select the option in yahoopops to leave bulk mail on the
server, but often, some email that isn't spam winds up in the bulk mail
folder?

this tool is so cool!

thank you
indera
--
* * * * * * * * * *
Don't just live life.

"PA Bear" <PAB...@mvps.org> wrote in message

:

PA Bear

Jul 3, 2004, 1:35:51 AM7/3/04
Only by crafting the appropriate Message Rules and putting it in the proper
order. (And I still don't see, if yours is a UK-based Yahoo account [e.g.,
ja...@yahoo.co.uk], why you have to use YahooPOPs to access the account in
OE. See your WinXP thread.)
--
~PA Bear

Dr. Indera

Jul 3, 2004, 2:50:08 AM7/3/04
hi pa bear,

i have a .com account, but think i will just check the bulk folder twice a
month, instead of trying to come up with messages rules.

thank you
indera
--
* * * * * * * * * *

: Only by crafting the appropriate Message Rules and putting it in the

:

PA Bear

Jul 3, 2004, 5:23:22 PM7/3/04
OK.

Dr. Indera wrote:
> hi pa bear,
>
> i have a .com account, but think i will just check the bulk folder twice a
> month, instead of trying to come up with messages rules.
>
> thank you
> indera

D. New

Oct 11, 2004, 2:43:13 PM10/11/04
you cant setup yahoo in your outlook express unless you''re paying for yahoo
mail, otherwise GOOD LUCK!

"PA Bear" <PAB...@mvps.org> wrote in message

D. New

Oct 11, 2004, 2:44:13 PM10/11/04
hell, you cant even setup hotmail unless you subscribe to msn....
"D. New" <dou...@alltel.net> wrote in message

N. Miller

Oct 12, 2004, 1:55:53 AM10/12/04
In article <3wAad.6$sN...@fe39.usenetserver.com>, D. New says...

> "D. New" <dou...@alltel.net> wrote in message

> > you cant setup yahoo in your outlook express unless you''re paying for
> > yahoo mail, otherwise GOOD LUCK!

> hell, you cant even setup hotmail unless you subscribe to msn....

This change is brand new for MSN Hotmail (since mid September); it has been
in effect at Yahoo! since May, 2002. In any case, I am not paying for Yahoo!
Premium mail service, yet I do have access to 'pop.*.yahoo.com'. (And 'smtp.
*.yahoo.com', if I wish.)

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

J_KEECH13601

Nov 11, 2004, 11:19:02 AM11/11/04
You can access Yahoo using this program, Yahoo Pops from this link
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/