. . . Default Mail Client or the current mail client cannot fulfill

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Dec 6, 2003, 2:48:38 PM12/6/03
Hi Again,
someone please Respond ... 2nd posting
I get the message "Either there is no default mail client
or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging
request. Please run microsoft oulook and set it as the
default mail client". I'm running xp prof. with Outlook
Express not Microsoft outlook. Somehow, I don't believe
Outlook Express got 'activated' as under control
panel/internet options/programs/Mail there is only one
choice and that's Microsoft outlook. It doesn't give me
a choice for Outlook Express. However, for newsgroups it
gives me both Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express for
options???? Within Outlook Express/Tools/Options/Default
messaging programs/ both bottom boxes are shaded as for
being made the default mail/news handler(s).
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!
Sincerely, MM

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Dec 6, 2003, 3:56:01 PM12/6/03
>.
>I'm having the same problem with Windows XP. Everything
was working fine until the last upgrade. No I cannot
select Outlook Express as my default, as the selection
box comes up with a Outlook or a blank where OE used to
be. Does anyone know how to insert OE without re-
installing IE6? JFS

DGuess

Dec 6, 2003, 4:52:34 PM12/6/03

DGuess

Dec 6, 2003, 4:52:47 PM12/6/03
See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277015&Product=oex

"Octa...@Hotmail.com" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:014101c3bc31$f18b6650$a301...@phx.gbl...

Gene K

Dec 6, 2003, 9:20:42 PM12/6/03
Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/on the left side click "Add or Remove
Windows Components". Scroll down and see if "Outlook Express" is listed. If
so, is it Checkmarked? If not, Checkmark the Box and click Next. Go on from
there to install it.

--
Gene K
"spinn...@hotmail.com" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in