Can't send email

JarheadRon

Feb 26, 2007, 8:30:03 PM2/26/07
I'm having problems with my Outlook Express. I can recieve email just fine
but I can't send it. My sent item sits in my Outbox and I get a message that
'Your SMTP server has not responded in 60seconds. Would you like to wait
another 60 seconds? It gives my correct account and server. If I click stop
Outlook Express sends a message that 'A timeout occurred while communicating
with the server with my account and server name. Protocol:SMTP, Port 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19'. I switched my internet service to
WOW from Comcast and have had problems with it since. I reinstalled Internet
Explorer 7 and it woked for about 2 weeks only to return to it's old ways.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Bruce Hagen

Apr 26, 2011, 4:48:31 AM4/26/11
To: microsoft.public.windows.
Assuming your SMTP server settings are correct:

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and
causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes
and has even been responsible for lose of messages. Your up-to-date A/V
program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514&Product=oex

If the above does not help, does the messages remain in the Outbox? Do they
show in Sent Items? If they do show in Sent Items, then your ISP received
the message intact and the problem is somewhere from that point on.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"JarheadRon" <Jarhe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

---
* Synchronet * The Whitehouse BBS --- whitehouse.hulds.com --- check it out free usenet!
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.92

N. Miller

Feb 27, 2007, 12:47:01 AM2/27/07

"JarheadRon" <Jarhe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

MS Internet Explorer 7 has nothing to do with SMTP service. MS Outlook
Express 6, which you should already have, is the application which threw up
that error. It could be many things, but with a switch between service
providers I have to wonder: Did you change your SMTP server name? I don't
see the server name in your error message, though it is always reported. If
you are on Comcast, but still using the Wide Open West (to clarify for you
WoW gamers!) SMTP server, WOW is probably blocking your access.

OTOH, if you are being blocked by Comcast, which they will do, check your
computer for infestation by malware. Spam 'bots are a leading problem at
Comcast.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come