outlook express can not open .eml

June

Feb 7, 2007, 2:48:01 PM2/7/07
I'm using outlook express 6.0. When I try to open a .eml file, it only opens
the regular outlook express application. This problem started when I had a
new computer with Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 SP 2, and only on my
computer in the office. Before I had Windows XP, I used Windows 2000 and
didn't have such problem. Actually I can open .eml file on any other
computers in the office with either Win 2000 or Win XP.

I do Windows update regularly.

I appreciate any help or comments.

PA Bear

Feb 7, 2007, 2:59:42 PM2/7/07
Save an EML file to your hard-drive (e.g., your desktop) > Right-click on
the EML file > Open with > Select Outlook Express (msimn.exe) and also check
the "Always open with..." box.

If no joy, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312355
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

June

Apr 26, 2011, 4:42:12 AM4/26/11
To: microsoft.public.windows.
I have done all these already. My problem is that when I try to open .eml
file, only OE application opens, not the message itself. I can open .eml
file with Notpad, but when there are attachments, I can't get them from
Notpad. Thanks.
June

"PA Bear" wrote:

---
* Synchronet * The Whitehouse BBS --- whitehouse.hulds.com --- check it out free usenet!
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.92

Bruce Hagen

Apr 26, 2011, 4:42:14 AM4/26/11
To: microsoft.public.windows.
See if this helps.

OLEXP: Unable to Open EML File Attachments in Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312355

If not, when the message is highlighted, use Ctrl+F3 and see if there really
is an attachment. For many reasons, you could see a paper clip when no
attachment exists, especially if you use AVG.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"June" <Ju...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

---

Michael Santovec

Feb 8, 2007, 4:04:45 PM2/8/07
That means that you didn't follow everything in the
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312355

In particular, step 6 of the second procedure there.

The command line for EML files needs to be

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE" /eml:%1

You are missing the parameter

/eml:%1

or have an error in it. That's what tells OE to open the EML file
rather than just open/switch to itself.

For best results, copy/paste the above command line. As for the
parameter, there must be one or more spaces after the
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE"
(quotes are required) and before the parameter. The parameter is slash
E M L colon percent one (no spaces in that).