e-mail pictures smaller size

1 view

5l@discussions.microsoft.com mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 2:43:03 PM5/6/09
WOW It took a long time to get here!! I used to get a mesage when sending
pictures---- do you want to keep pics at original size or smaller--- when I
send a picturenow it does not give me the option.

How to fix my e-mails are rejected due to too large!!

thanks john

PA Bear [MS MVP]

May 6, 2009, 3:55:44 PM5/6/09
Running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3?

Are you sending via File | Send to | Mail Recipient (or a similar
right-click option) in My Pictures folder?

Or are you simply attaching the pix to a New Message?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

ray

May 6, 2009, 4:16:22 PM5/6/09

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 5:20:03 PM5/6/09
I Do always right click on picture but now NO "options command box as before
" to make pics smaller?
I have win xp sp3 Re load repair how outlook express? I have re booted and
checked everything I could,have bit defender anti virus protection excellent!!

thanks john

mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 5:23:00 PM5/6/09

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3?
>
> Are you sending via File | Send to | Mail Recipient (or a similar
> right-click option) in My Pictures folder?
>
> Or are you simply attaching the pix to a New Message?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 5:24:05 PM5/6/09

mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 5:01:01 PM5/6/09

Bruce Hagen

May 6, 2009, 6:39:59 PM5/6/09
Took a long time to get where? Use a newsreader instead of the crappy Web
Interface.

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader for MSNews:

As for your immediate problem with the resize option missing:

Make sure no programs are running. (IE, OE, etc.).

Copy and paste the command in Start | Run:

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

Click OK and reboot. Turn off and power back up. Don't use Turn Off |
Restart.

Or:

Disable [or Enable] Resize Graphic - Send To (Line 269, Left Side)

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"mga 5l" <mga 5...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

May 6, 2009, 9:15:10 PM5/6/09
What Bruce said.

mga 5l

May 6, 2009, 11:25:01 PM5/6/09

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Took a long time to get where? Use a newsreader instead of the crappy Web
> Interface.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader for MSNews:
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> As for your immediate problem with the resize option missing:
>

> Make sure no programs are running. (IE, OE, etc.).
>
> Copy and paste the command in Start | Run:
>
> REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
>
> Click OK and reboot. Turn off and power back up. Don't use Turn Off |
> Restart.
>
> Or:
>
> Disable [or Enable] Resize Graphic - Send To (Line 269, Left Side)
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> Thank you very much Bruce
It worked that DLL must have been accidentally deleted.I appreciate your
quick reply and fix a lot!!

take care john hilton vernon b.c. canada

Bruce Hagen

May 6, 2009, 11:30:15 PM5/6/09

"mga 5l" <mg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You're welcome.

Ed Haskins

Jul 11, 2009, 6:18:35 PM7/11/09
simply attaching the pix to a New Message on xp and also on vista

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/137914251.aspx

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jul 11, 2009, 6:39:47 PM7/11/09
Original thread from 06 May-09:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/0307b343b58a229b

Do yourself a favor, Ed, and see...

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)