Popup Blocker Information Bar Missing

Lem

Oct 31, 2004, 5:59:21 PM10/31/04
I have IE 6 with XPpro SP2 and I'm trying to get used to the new IE
popup blocker. One of the sites I visit regularly uses popups, and
seemed not be be working. When I closed IE, a window popped up asking
if I had noticed the Information Bar. I hadn't, and then realized that
IE was blocking popups, so using one of the options on the displayed
Information Bar, I added that site to the "allowed sites" list (it now
works the way it's supposed to).

Since then, even though there are checks in both "play a sound when a
pop-up is blocked" and "Show Information Bar when a pop-up is blocked"
when I go to a site that has pop-ups, I hear the sound, the cursor
briefly changes to an image suggesting that a pop-up is being blocked,
but the Information Bar doesn't appear. Is there a way to force the
Information Bar to appear (as I recall, that was where there were
options to view the pop-up just this once, allow all pop-ups from this
site, and perhaps others).

Ramesh [MVP]

Nov 3, 2004, 7:10:48 AM11/3/04
Hi Lem,

Open Registry Editor and ensure if the UseSecBand is set to 1 in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User