Re: Right Click Menu

1 view

Don Varnau

May 31, 2004, 5:30:09 PM5/31/04
Manual removal:
To remove an entry from the IE context menu, run regedit and navigate to
this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ MenuExt]

Your entry will be a subkey of that key. Select the MenuExt key and export
it (just to be safe) Then select the unwanted subkey and delete it.

Toolbar Cop from http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Toolkit.htm can remove many
add-ons of
this type.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Spooky" wrote in message
> I uninstalled an application called "Flash2X Flash Hunter". When I right
click in the Internet Explorer window it still has the "Download Flash
Movies" extensions that the application included. I've tried everything and
have not been able to remove it. Does anyone knows how to remove this from
the right-click menu?

> Thanks

Alan Edwards

May 31, 2004, 5:31:28 PM5/31/04
Start-Run-Regedit.
Navigate to this key and see if your offending item is there in the
list of sub-keys. If so, then remove it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, Spooky