"Larger" font size keeps reverting to "medium"

Sam

Apr 12, 2005, 9:40:26 AM4/12/05
Hi

Often I change my View/Text Size from "medium" to "larger" but later when I
restart IE6 the setting is lost and reverts to the original medium.

This happens even when I makes sure all other windows of IE6 are closed so
that (presumedly) my setting will be saved.

For some reason it's lost.

Any helpful advice on how to lock the seting to larger size fonts would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Jan Il

Apr 12, 2005, 9:54:32 AM4/12/05
Hi Sam :-)

Although you don't mention the version of Windows you are using, you might
try the following and see if it helps:

The font size in IE keeps changing.
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#font_size

also….

Go to Tools> Internet options>Click the Accessibility button at the bottom
Under tthe Formatting section>make sure the "Ignore font sizes specified on
web
pages" is UNchecked.

For normal viewing, nothing in this area should be checked.

or….

View> Text Size - or hold down the Control key while you rotate the wheel in
the mouse

or...…

Courtesy of Alan Edwards:

If IE-View-Text Size does not stick....

---solution 1
If you are using Eudora 4.2 or greater then use Tools-Options-Viewing
Mail and uncheck "Use Microsoft's viewer"
It is Eudora that is setting the IE text size and unchecking that
option will stop it.

The key that Eudora 4.x will change is this:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\International\Scripts\3]
"IEFontSize"=hex:02,00,00,00

---solution 2
In Outlook 2000 go to Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts/International
Fonts, and for each font change the "Font Size" entry to your desired size.

and….

Selecting Fonts in IE

Open IE - Tools | Internet Options | Fonts (located near the bottom of the
General tab)

In the Language script window, use the arrow to open the selection list.
Find the language you wish to use and release the scroll bar. The window
will close, then select the type of font you want to use (i.e., Arial, Times
Roman, etc.) Then click
OK and close. Then close IE and then reopen. See if that allows you to have
the language you need.

Hope this helps :-)

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

All information provided "As Is"
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Sam

Apr 14, 2005, 8:58:14 PM4/14/05
Jan

Thx for your kind reply to my problem with IE6.

Sam
"Jan Il" <ab...@localhost.com> wrote in message

> Hi Sam :-)
>
> Although you don't mention the version of Windows you are using, you might
> try the following and see if it helps:
>
> The font size in IE keeps changing.
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#font_size
>

> also..

> Go to Tools> Internet options>Click the Accessibility button at the bottom
> Under tthe Formatting section>make sure the "Ignore font sizes specified
> on web
> pages" is UNchecked.
>
> For normal viewing, nothing in this area should be checked.
>

> or..

> View> Text Size - or hold down the Control key while you rotate the wheel
> in the mouse
>

> or....

> Courtesy of Alan Edwards:
>
> If IE-View-Text Size does not stick....
>
> ---solution 1
> If you are using Eudora 4.2 or greater then use Tools-Options-Viewing
> Mail and uncheck "Use Microsoft's viewer"
> It is Eudora that is setting the IE text size and unchecking that
> option will stop it.
>
> The key that Eudora 4.x will change is this:
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\International\Scripts\3]
> "IEFontSize"=hex:02,00,00,00
>
> ---solution 2
> In Outlook 2000 go to Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts/International
> Fonts, and for each font change the "Font Size" entry to your desired
> size.
>

> and..

Jan Il

Apr 15, 2005, 4:20:26 PM4/15/05
Hi Sam :-)

> Jan
>
> Thx for your kind reply to my problem with IE6.

You're very welcome!

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE