Page Set up orientation for Printing Problem

Pipster

Nov 16, 2004, 5:35:01 PM11/16/04
I am having an annoying problem with "Page Set Up" in Internet Explorer 6.0
It defaults to landscape and each time I reset it to print in portrai and
print and close IE 6.0 then reopen it its back to landscape. Why? There is
no way to save the setting for Orientation of page.

Jan Il

Nov 16, 2004, 8:54:12 PM11/16/04
Hi Pipster :-)

What is the preference in the page you are trying to print? What is the
default setup in your printer? These may affect the setup in your document.

Try right clocking on the page you want to print, click Print, and set the
Setup or Page setup there before you print.

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread
with the details and any error messages. Some pages can be preset by the
webmaster.

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Alan Edwards

Nov 16, 2004, 8:59:53 PM11/16/04
IE doesn't save that setting.
Change it in Control Panel-Printers.

...Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "Pipster"

Pipster

Nov 17, 2004, 11:15:08 AM11/17/04

"Jan Il" wrote:

> My default in the printer is Portrait. I have to manually set the page set up in IE each and every time I want to print. My printer is HP 1300.

Pipster

Jan Il

Nov 17, 2004, 11:59:16 AM11/17/04
Hi Pipster :-)

> > My default in the printer is Portrait. I have to manually set the page
set up in IE each and every time I want to print. My printer is HP 1300.

Try Alan's suggestion to set the default page orientation in the Printer
setup from the Control Panel>Printers..... if trying to set it from the
File>Print> and setting the page orientation to Portrait does not make it
default to that setup for printing in IE.

Pipster

Nov 17, 2004, 8:20:01 PM11/17/04
Thank you Jan and Alan. I tried Alan's method and it worked!!!

Pipster

Jan Il

Nov 18, 2004, 9:02:41 AM11/18/04
Hi Pipster :-)

> Thank you Jan and Alan. I tried Alan's method and it worked!!!

You're very welcome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem.
Good job!

Thank you for posting back and letting us know what worked for you, and for
the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem. :-)

Timpuri

Nov 20, 2004, 11:41:04 AM11/20/04
Hi Guys

How can you enable page setup setting to all users via GPOs'. I wanted to
implement a solution, where Internet Explorers default print setup would be
landscape.

But for the rest of the programs the default would be portrait.

Thanks

Timo