email links open multiple IE windows

Mike Collard

May 12, 2001, 2:26:36 AM5/12/01
If I click on an email link on a web page then instead of opening a new
message screen in Outlook Express IE5 gets into a loop and keeps opening new
windows.

Any ideas of the cause and solution?

Thanks
--
Mike Collard
mailto:snow...@email.com

Sandi Hardmeier MVP

May 13, 2001, 2:17:03 AM5/13/01
Hello Mike,

Make sure your settings are correct as follows:

Go to My Computer\view\folder options.
Click the file types tab.
In list of file types, click the one that we need to change which is
url:mailto protocol.
Click Edit.
In Actions, click Open then Edit.
In Application used to perform action, type the following, including the
quotes marks:
"c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /mailurl:%1

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandi/MVP/index.htm