upgrading from Windows 98 (first edition)

Frank

May 22, 2003, 2:47:20 PM5/22/03
Can I upgrade to Windows XP (home or professional edition)
from the original Windows 98 edition?

And if so, do I just purchase the upgrade version of
Windows XP?

Tim Slattery

May 22, 2003, 4:06:44 PM5/22/03
"Frank" <Fran...@aol.com> wrote:

>Can I upgrade to Windows XP (home or professional edition)
>from the original Windows 98 edition?

Yes, either one.

>And if so, do I just purchase the upgrade version of
>Windows XP?

That's right. You can get an upgrade edition of either Home or
Professional.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Jim Eshelman

May 22, 2003, 4:11:52 PM5/22/03
Frank wrote:
> Can I upgrade to Windows XP (home or professional edition)
> from the original Windows 98 edition?

Yes.

> And if so, do I just purchase the upgrade version of
> Windows XP?

Yes.

See: "Upgrading to Windows XP" by MVP Gary Woodruff
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

Also see Gary's article on the remarkable XP tool, "File & Settings Transfer
wizard" -
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Jim Eshelman