Useless site this is!

howlidog

Jul 3, 2003, 11:39:33 PM7/3/03
All kinds of problems and no damn solutions, what is the
use of posting anything but a couple of jokes now and
then?

Bill in Co

Jul 3, 2003, 11:43:46 PM7/3/03
You know where the door is....

Joe727

Jul 3, 2003, 11:47:08 PM7/3/03
LOL

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 3, 2003, 11:48:15 PM7/3/03
Take pity! OP is obviously blind.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP for Windows 9x

Bill in Co

Jul 3, 2003, 11:52:45 PM7/3/03
Pity has to be *earned*, the old fashioned way...... :-)

jc

Jul 4, 2003, 3:03:11 AM7/4/03
been away for awhile. what's OP stand for--obnoxious person; one time
poster; on point quard; ???
also, seriously mr. terhune.......your deal is all things computer; mine,
all things medical. specifically,
pa in a major trauma center. unless you were exaggerating for affect.....i
really didn't think your symptoms
of "passing out/fainting every few minutes, drenched in sweat" to be those
meriting a quick sweep under
rug/over threshold.
at your age, i guessed given college daughter, unless it's hot, many stairs
and heavy boxes, smoker,
and same but more of that..........you really shouldn't have such symptoms
remain without investigation.

of a more serious variety of fainting and drenching sweats.........heart
problems and lymphomas come
to mind. get thee to a healer sir.
flogging over, julie---but, only over for a bit because you've assisted me
in the past. just trying to return
the education. no joke, get it checked out. make notes before you forget.

Gary S. Terhune <grys...@mvps.org> wrote in message

> Take pity! OP is obviously blind.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP for Windows 9x
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://www.mvps.org
> http://www.aumha.org

snipped for brevity

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 1:05:53 AM7/4/03
ROTFL! Somebody get me a doctor!

LuckyStrike
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
------------------

"Bill in Co" <no...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

---

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 1:11:59 AM7/4/03
But Bill, you'd have to show how the knob worked.

LS
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
-----------------------

Brian A.

Jul 4, 2003, 12:16:18 AM7/4/03
OP = Original poster

--
Brian A.

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 12:17:02 AM7/4/03
OP = Original Poster.

And you are right about the rest. Physician is in attendance. I make light here,
because it's just as well I do so.

I also make light because there really isn't anything else to do about it. Yes,
I smoke. That and coffee are the last of a long list of addictions that I've
whittled down over the last few years (besides obsessive computer use, which is
a newer one,<s>.)

I also have other known disorders and serious health concerns that make those I
described minor additional annoyances. Irrelevant, you might say, <s>.

Thank you for your concern, Julie. Sincerely.

We return you now to your irregularly scheduled Windows 98 General Discussion.

Buffalo

Jul 4, 2003, 1:12:49 AM7/4/03
"howlidog" ,

Damnit, don't you know any jokes?
Did you hear the one about the negative poster, well he
Happy 4th of July.
Don't sit on a lit skyrocket .......................

"howlidog"

Bill in Co

Jul 4, 2003, 2:21:18 AM7/4/03
I think he bailed out before I could have explained that to him! :-)

Hugh Candlin

Jul 4, 2003, 2:17:31 AM7/4/03

Gary S. Terhune <grys...@mvps.org> wrote in message

> Take pity! OP is obviously blind.

Many a true word, spoken in jest. (OP = CDO user.)

PCR

Jul 4, 2003, 2:44:07 AM7/4/03
I know there are some damn solutions here too, howlidog.

--
Thanks & Good Luck,
Naturally, you will not sue,
"howlidog" <email...@company.com> wrote in message

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 3:19:02 AM7/4/03
What jest? I meant it almost literally. For the same reason you suggest.<g>

"Hugh Candlin" <n...@spam.com> wrote in message

George (Bindar Dundat)

Jul 4, 2003, 3:23:32 AM7/4/03
And hence the reason s/he sees no replies. only questions. In case the OP gets
lucky enough to find this response, click the <place your own expletive here>
"+" symbols dummy!!!!!

--
George (Bindar Dundat)
This information is provided "AS IS"

Curt Christianson

Jul 4, 2003, 8:15:12 AM7/4/03
Sure, I know I *only* come here for the tomfoolery. Never could figure out
those chat room things. ;)
Curt
"PCR" <pcr...@netzero.net> wrote in message

Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]

Jul 4, 2003, 10:30:46 AM7/4/03
Now come on ... this place isn't TOTALLY useless. We haven't had an A/S/L
check in a good long time now. <VBSEG>

--
Richard G. Harper (MVP Win9x) rgha...@email.com
* PLEASE post all messages and replies to the newsgroup so all may

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message

Curt Christianson

Jul 4, 2003, 10:51:54 AM7/4/03
Richard,
ROTFLMAO. It's been so long since I've seen a chat room, I had to think for
a minute what A/S/L meant<VBSEG>
Curt
"Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]" <rgha...@email.com> wrote in message

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 11:21:21 AM7/4/03
And I still don't!

Email me with the answer and I'll toast you with a slurp of coffee. (Well, that
sounded weird, but you know what I mean, right?)

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message

Curt Christianson

Jul 4, 2003, 12:09:28 PM7/4/03
Nah,
Comin' right at you!
Age/Sex/Location
Curt

"Gary S. Terhune" <grys...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 12:17:54 PM7/4/03
Personally, I think LS has been playing games again, <g&d>!

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message

Curt Christianson

Jul 4, 2003, 12:31:19 PM7/4/03
OK, you got me
What's <g&d> and another one IIRC

Curt
"Gary S. Terhune" <grys...@mvps.org> wrote in message

PCR

Jul 4, 2003, 12:39:41 PM7/4/03
I think I'd rather take my chances with an A/S/L than a slurp of coffee.

--
Thanks & Good Luck,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcr...@netzero.net

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 1:04:05 PM7/4/03
<grin & duck>
If I Recall Correctly

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 3:31:52 PM7/4/03
Went to sleep early and missed most of this one. But gee Gary, I swear on a
stack of physics books I had nothin' to do with this one. Besides the rest
of the "family" have gone away on vacation.

LS
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
---------------------

"Gary S. Terhune" <grys...@mvps.org> wrote in message

> Personally, I think LS has been playing games again, <g&d>!
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP for Windows 9x
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://www.mvps.org
> http://www.aumha.org

---

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 2:39:33 PM7/4/03
Vacation??? Like to "get well"?

Or will they be back, soon, straggling in from a 500-mile car trip, stinking,
tired and out of sorts?

"LuckyStrike" <L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote in
message news:%23AVhOql...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 3:52:00 PM7/4/03
That's right, I needed a rest from me! But you want to know what the best
part is? They're coming to a neighborhood near *you* soon!!!

LS - minus two :-(

> Vacation??? Like to "get well"?
>
> Or will they be back, soon, straggling in from a 500-mile car trip,
stinking,
> tired and out of sorts?
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP for Windows 9x
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://www.mvps.org
> http://www.aumha.org

---

Gary S. Terhune

Jul 4, 2003, 2:58:42 PM7/4/03
Wouldn't be surprised if they're already here!

"LuckyStrike" <L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com> wrote in
message news:eiBHe1lQ...@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 5:13:06 PM7/4/03
In fact *they are Everywhere*! Big *Holiday* weekend, you know. I've got to
step out right now.... Man, that's a scary prospect!

LS
"I may be wrong, but I'm getting expert at it"--
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com

---------------------------

> Wouldn't be surprised if they're already here!
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP for Windows 9x
> http://www.dts-l.org
> http://www.mvps.org
> http://www.aumha.org

---

Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]

Jul 4, 2003, 5:08:17 PM7/4/03
The various G&Ds ...

G&D - Grinning and Ducking (silly statement that would likely get you
slapped)
GD&R - Grinning, Ducking and Running (VERY silly statement that will almost
surely get you slapped)
GD&RVVF - Grinning, Ducking and Running Very Very Fast (OUTRAGEOUS statement
that you don't dare stand still after uttering)

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly

--
Richard G. Harper (MVP Win9x) rgha...@email.com
* PLEASE post all messages and replies to the newsgroup so all may
* benefit from the discussion. Private mail is usually not replied to.
Help US help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Bill in Co

Jul 4, 2003, 5:20:58 PM7/4/03
Was your major Physics, LL?

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 7:38:46 PM7/4/03
Are you introducing another personality into this one? If it was addressed
to the one and only LS, No I haven't taken a "physic" in years. I am in
pretty good gastronomical condition.<g>

LS (and now LL?) :-)
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com

--------------------
"Bill in Co" <no...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Bill in Co

Jul 4, 2003, 8:25:55 PM7/4/03
Woops. Sorry, that was supposed to be LS. You mentioned a stack of physics
books, so I took it from there. Obviously too literally!

Curt Christianson

Jul 4, 2003, 8:27:19 PM7/4/03
Just want you to know, I saved that post to a file. What a riot!

Curt
"Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]" <rgha...@email.com> wrote in message

LuckyStrike

Jul 4, 2003, 10:13:06 PM7/4/03
No problemo Bill, It is and has always been an interest that's all. Physics
of course, is a tool (there are many disciplines in that field) by which the
subtle and the far-reaching can be studied. To me ultimately, the interest
lies at the extremes of Cosmology and Cosmogony. Why, it is almost (but not
quite), as captivating as this particular NG and the characters who inhabit
it! Anyway, leave the identity changes up to me, this group is already
confused enough as it is. <VBG>

Regards, :-)
LS (for now)
L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
--------------------------

> Woops. Sorry, that was supposed to be LS. You mentioned a stack of
physics
> books, so I took it from there. Obviously too literally!
>
> LuckyStrike wrote:
> > Are you introducing another personality into this one? If it was
addressed
> > to the one and only LS, No I haven't taken a "physic" in years. I am in
> > pretty good gastronomical condition.<g>
> >
> > LS (and now LL?) :-)
> > L...@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
> > --------------------

---

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Jul 4, 2003, 10:47:30 PM7/4/03
Hi Curt,

Try: http://home3.inet.tele.dk/hgaarde/Acronyms.html

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Curt Christianson" <curtchristnsn@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message

PCR

Jul 5, 2003, 2:03:06 AM7/5/03
What on earth could this one be referring to: PCYLIHOONL?

--
Thanks & Good Luck,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcr...@netzero.net

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <ri...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]

Bert Kinney

Jul 5, 2003, 10:55:00 AM7/5/03
Like the Netlingo site Richard, saved. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

"Richard G. Harper [MVP Win9x]" wrote

George (Bindar Dundat)

Jul 5, 2003, 11:46:40 AM7/5/03
It was very good and on the same site I found the complete list all on one page.
http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm
--
George (Bindar Dundat)
This information is provided "AS IS"
It may even be wrong!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spam.asp
"Bert Kinney" <be...@NSmvps.org> wrote in message

Do-Rag

Jul 5, 2003, 1:51:38 PM7/5/03
ROTHFLMAOWTIME!!! See Howlidog, it does have a use
afterall!
Totally fahrgin' funny. Hope you didn't howl too loud last
night with the pops and bangs and stuff.
Do-Rag ;->

(http://www.grisoft.com).
6/30/03

>.

PCR

Jul 5, 2003, 3:56:54 PM7/5/03
I thought of that, but decided it should have said "feet", then. Well, this
isn't a thing for respectable people to discuss. I see Harper, Kinney & Dundat
have arrived... perhaps, if we just listen in..

--
Thanks & Good Luck,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,