Sel * from CIM_DataFile stop scanning mapped drives

Daniel Schell

Oct 27, 2004, 9:36:07 AM10/27/04
Hi Guys,

My first post to these newsgroups, so sorry if its been
covered. I've written a script which scans the computer
for all instances of gdiplus.dll and reports the version.
It works fine but also scans mapped network drives which
can take a while on large mapped drives.

My WMI query is below:

Set colFolders = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * From CIM_DataFile Where " & _
"FileName = 'gdiplus' and Extension = 'dll'")

I tried adding "where drive=c or d", however it still
searches these drives (i guess checking the property of
each file to see if it on the c/d drive :/).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated :)

Regards,
Daniel Schell

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Oct 27, 2004, 11:13:00 AM10/27/04
Daniel Schell wrote:

Hi

For a script example that only searches through local
disks (DriveType=3):

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EA56FF6.2C019A70%40hydro.com

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Daniel Schell