DirectSound with 4 speakers ???

Eric SYLVESTRE

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Hello,
i 'm working on an application which use a sound card with 4 output (4
speakers).
I don't find how to use the 4 speaker with directsound. The mixer seem to
see only two output.

Is there anybody to help me ?

Eric SYLVESTRE
eric.sy...@prestalog.com

G-Force

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
DirectSound3D

G-Force
"Eric SYLVESTRE" <eric.sy...@prestalog.com> wrote in message

Alex G. Litvinenko

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
DirectSound doesn't support 4 speakers

Drew Dormann

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
It does indeed, you just need the drivers to support it. Look at the
GetSpeakerConfig docs:

DSSPEAKER_5POINT1
The audio is played through a speaker arrangement of surround speakers with
a subwoofer.
DSSPEAKER_HEADPHONE
The audio is played through headphones.
DSSPEAKER_MONO
The audio is played through a single speaker.
DSSPEAKER_QUAD
The audio is played through quadraphonic speakers.
DSSPEAKER_STEREO
The audio is played through stereo speakers (default value).
DSSPEAKER_SURROUND
The audio is played through surround speakers.

I know with the Creative card I'm using now, I had to turn on the second
stereo speaker port through their software.

Drew

"Alex G. Litvinenko" <sa...@land5.nsu.ru> wrote in message