Win2k Recognition of Multiple Processors

Hugo

Mar 20, 2002, 11:39:34 AM3/20/02
Search on www.microsoft.com/technet for Q234558

Hugo

"Bill Lampe" <bla...@belvoir.army.mil> a écrit dans le message news:
395801c1d027$4fdc63b0$3def2ecf@TKMSFTNGXA14...
> I've been told that Win2k does not need to be reinstalled
> to recognize the addition of a new second processor as was
> the case with NT. However, I just upgraded a Gateway ALR
> 7200 Vegas Series server with a second processor, and low
> and behold, Win2k Server does not recognize the second
> processor. Our friendly folks at Gateway have been no
> help, as usual.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated...

An...@nospam.co.uk

Mar 21, 2002, 9:36:07 AM3/21/02
"Bill Lampe" <bla...@belvoir.army.mil> wrote:

>I've been told that Win2k does not need to be reinstalled
>to recognize the addition of a new second processor as was
>the case with NT. However, I just upgraded a Gateway ALR
>7200 Vegas Series server with a second processor, and low
>and behold, Win2k Server does not recognize the second
>processor. Our friendly folks at Gateway have been no
>help, as usual.
>
>Any assistance is appreciated...

Go to Settings/Control Panel/ Administrative Tools/ Computer
Management/Device manager/Computer/Properties/Update Driver/Next/ Display a
list of the known drivers for this device/ and you should have MPS
Uniprocessor PC showing

Click on Show all hardware of this device class and choose MPS
Multiprocessor PC, OK to everything and reboot and all should be fine.

If your PC is showing up as an ACPI Uniprocessor you may have problems
changing I have not done this one.

Hope this helps, basically you are changing a driver.

Andy