Re: FAXes going to wrong recepient

1 view

Chandrasekar [MSFT]

Jul 29, 2004, 4:41:06 AM7/29/04
We would like some more information on this issue? What do you mean by a
completely different number? Are the numbers getting completely garbled??

--
Chandrasekar R

purposes only.

"mat" <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Out FAX server is sending faxes to the wrong recepients. It is VERY odd
> though because the banner on the top on the Fax shows the number that we
> submitted, but it will go to a completely different number. This does not
> happen with every fax, it seems to be very random. We are using Server
> 2003 Standard with Brooktrout TruFax boards. Has anyone every heard of
> this issue? I have copies of faxes sent back to me that show what is
> happening.

mat

Jul 29, 2004, 1:11:03 PM7/29/04
No, they are going to other FAX machines. This is really bad because sometimes there is confidential information on the faxes that are being sent to the wrong number.

Mat

Chandrasekar [MSFT]

Sep 9, 2004, 4:36:22 AM9/9/04
Hi Mat,
  I have one more question. Can you please refer to another mail thread on this issue. The subject of the mail thread is "Fax Service Manager - Windows 2003". Can you please check whether you have a similar problem that is the wrong TIFF being sent to the right number??? In other words the number being dialled is right but the wrong fax document is getting sent??

Thanks,

--
Chandrasekar R
purposes only.