Using HTML tags in the <code> section of NDOCS

D Witherspoon

Jan 31, 2006, 9:39:44 AM1/31/06
I am using NDocs 1.3 to document my VBCode. Whenever I use an HTML markup
tag in a code section (or any section) the documentation truncates
everything after the "<".

How do set this up so NDocs can output the < to the help file and not just
stop rendering the documentation as soon as it hits like an <A> tage. the
<A> tag is important for the code sample.

Any ideas? I cannot find help anywhere on the NDoc's site regarding this.

Seems like a huge limitation to me, and maybe we need to look at a more
professional product to be able to do what we need to do.

''' -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
''' <summary>
''' Example Summary
''' </summary>
''' <returns>Returns the secure URL to access the report.
''' <para>
''' You may have to prefix the returned string with the web site domain
(example: http:\\www.pressnet.com\).
''' This can also be done using the Host property of the HTTPServer
object.</para>
''' <code escaped="true" lang="Visual Basic">
''' stReportURL = rl.GetSecureReportURL(147, 16404, "WHERE 1=1
and CurrPartNo Like 'A1290%'")
''' Response.Write("<A HREF=""" & stReportURL & """>Open
Report</A>" & vbCrLf)
''' </code>
''' </returns>
''' <remarks>
''' </remarks>
''' <history>
''' </history>

D Witherspoon

Jan 31, 2006, 10:09:27 AM1/31/06
Plus.

You cannot use an ampersand character anywhere or else it voids the whole
thing as null..

If you have an ampersand (&) character in the summary section you loose all
documentation for that method.

Geesh... NDoc's really is not a professional level tool and shouldn't be
used for corporate documentation. Should only be used by kids.

"D Witherspoon" <dwithe...@noway.org> wrote in message

Peter Macej

Jan 31, 2006, 12:33:44 PM1/31/06
XML comments must be well-formed XML text. So you must escape & < >
characters by &amp; &lt; &gt;. Otherwise no XML parser can parse it
correctly. Not only NDoc, VS IntelliSense would have problems too.

The problem also appears with code examples where you have something like:
If x < y Then

That's why our WYSIWYG comment editor in VBdocman automatically escapes
these characters.

--
Peter Macej
Helixoft - http://www.vbdocman.com

D Witherspoon

Jan 31, 2006, 2:31:55 PM1/31/06
I tried those

If you saw my second post attached to this message anything with an & does
not show up

so if I do use &lt; nothing will show up. Instead of truncating it at the <
point... it will not show any of the text in that block at all.

Again, I refer to my comment about NDocs being a kids tools.

"Peter Macej" <pe...@vbdocman.com> wrote in message