VS2005, Arrow keys, keyboard mapping schemes gone.

Mike

Mar 28, 2006, 1:48:14 AM3/28/06
Something weird happened to my IDE today. My arrow keys no longer
work, I can't backspace, I can't delete, I can however type letters and
numbers. I went into the Tools->Options and went to the keyboard page
and lo and behold there was NOTHING there. Seriously, all the combo
boxes, list boxes, text boxes, etc... were empty. I tried resetting my
settings and this is the error that came back:
An error occurred while importing settings for 'Keyboard'.

So, I repaired the install, and that didn't work, I uninstalled and
reinstalled (to another location even) and still nothing. I have no
idea why this is happening, can someone shed some light on this please?

Mike

Mar 28, 2006, 2:00:58 AM3/28/06
Well, no sooner than I posted this I managed to fix it (go figure).

Anyway the solution was simple, somehow, my Current.vsk file got
deleted. This file is located in the drive-letter:\documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0
directory. There are 3 files there, current.vsk, user.vsk and
default.vsk. I copied all 3 of these files (although only current was
missing on my destination machine) from my home machine back into the
proper place on the destination and voila, my settings came back.

So yeah, hope this helps some other poor soul.

hippo...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2006, 7:53:58 AM4/25/06
thanks a LOT. i had exactly the same problem and due to your hint i
could fix it!