programmatically change security in IE?

Martin Ortiz

Jul 27, 2004, 5:16:08 PM7/27/04
How does one programmatically change the security settings in IE (low -
medium - high)?

Igor Tandetnik

Jul 27, 2004, 5:25:03 PM7/27/04
"Martin Ortiz" <martin...@mailcity.com> wrote in message

> How does one programmatically change the security settings in IE (low
> - medium - high)?

It's in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones

One key for each zone. One value for each possible setting. CurrentLevel
value indicates one of the preset templates, or Custom.
--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Martin Ortiz

Jul 27, 2004, 5:29:44 PM7/27/04
thanks

"Igor Tandetnik" <itand...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Brian Muth

Jul 27, 2004, 6:53:23 PM7/27/04
I'm not sure what the requirements are, but you might also want to consider
Group Policy as the way of controlling the settings centrally.

The following might be helpful, even if you just want to program the
changes:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833633

You can, by the way, create your very own zone if you don't like (or are not
allowed to touch) the security settings of any of the pre-defined zones:
Local Intranet, Internet, Trusted, and Restricted.

Brian

Igor Tandetnik

Jul 28, 2004, 9:59:59 AM7/28/04
"Igor Tandetnik" <itand...@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Martin Ortiz" <martin...@mailcity.com> wrote in message
>> How does one programmatically change the security settings in IE (low
>> - medium - high)?
>
> It's in the registry under
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\Zones
>
> One key for each zone. One value for each possible setting.
> CurrentLevel value indicates one of the preset templates, or Custom.

See also IInternetZoneManager - I think it's just a wrapper for
manipulating these registry settings.