Re: Microsoft Speech Recognizer 6.1 Training Files

Steve Meyer [MSFT]

Mar 17, 2009, 4:01:56 PM3/17/09
Hi Sh,

The adaptation is the same with the 5.1 engine as with 6.1. The training
files are updated in a way that doesn't touch the timestamp.

The system adapts to the user when the user goes through a training session
and also when the user is using a speech recognition application. In a
training session the system will adapt to a user's voice and during the use
of dictation the system adapts to the user's voice as well as the words
he/she is using. This type of data is kept in differnt kinds of files so
depending what sort of adaptation has occured impacts that number of files
that are generated.

The files are generated for each speech recognition profile. If you have
more than one profile associated with a user account, then you'll see
multiple copies of the adaptation files - one set per recognition profile.

-- Steve Meyer

"Sh." <Sh.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am developing a Speech Application in C#. The speech recognition stuff is
> working fine with SAPI 5.1 on Windows XP. But I now have Microsoft Speech
> Recognizer v 6.1 on my machine that came with Office 2003. No matter how
> much
> training I do, I see that the speech files (the .dat files under MSASR)
> are
> not getting updated (at least from the last modified time stamp) . The
> file
> count is also different from my machine to my colleagues machine. Can
> someone
> please let me know if there is any major change in how speech training
> works
> in Speech Recognizer v 6.1 when compared to v 5.1 ? When do the files get
> generated?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sh.

May 11, 2009, 6:03:01 PM5/11/09
Thanks so much for your response. I have few more questions around this
1) Can I move my existing 5.1 profile to 6.1 without going through the
training again?
2) Will the files get updated when the sapisvr.exe is running?

Thanks in advance,