Remote Assistance.

Brian

Jan 12, 2006, 3:43:02 AM1/12/06
We have enabled Remote Assistance in our environment. In some machines when
Helper try to connect to User machine, an error message "A program could not
start. Please try again." appear.

In Event Viewer of the User machine, it shows "The description for Event ID
( 6 ) in Source ( Remote Desktop Help Session Manager ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: 0x80070002."

However, Remote Desktop Help Session Manager service is started.

Adam Meltzer (MSFT)

Feb 2, 2006, 4:04:22 PM2/2/06
0x80070002 is a "FileNotFoundException" error. Does
%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe file exist? Even though the service claims to
be started, is "sessmgr.exe" running if you bring up Task Manager?

This error sounds to me like it's trying to start RDSessMgr service (Remote
Desktop Help Session Manager) but it's failing because it (or one of its
dependencies) is missing.

HTH!

"Brian" <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message