Link List

Candice

Sep 11, 2007, 3:21:18 PM9/11/07
I would like all of the URL's in a list webpart to open in a new
window. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!!

CW

Sep 12, 2007, 8:04:07 AM9/12/07

Hi Candace.

There area few methods out there, one of which is creating a new site
definition.

By far the easiest is if you're using SharePoint Designer:

-Open page you want URL list on
-On menu bay choose Task Pane - Data Source Library
-Locate your Links list or whatever you named it and drag the URL
field and any other field you with visible
-click one of the URLs and a small arrow button will appear. Click it
and choose to show URL as hyperlink
-another "hyperlink configuration" popup will appear. Click Target
Frame, choose New Window.
-Ok you way out and that's that.

Cool eh?

Mike Walsh

Sep 16, 2007, 12:58:24 PM9/16/07
The answer varies according to whether you are running WSS 2.0 or WSS 3.0.

Which ?

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

taranathchebrolu

Oct 15, 2009, 3:00:19 AM10/15/09
Add the below tag in your share point list schema xml file
<![CDATA[" target="_blank">]

Regards
Taranath Chebrolu

Candice wrote:

Link List
11-Sep-07

I would like all of the URL's in a list webpart to open in a new
window. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!!

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:21 PM
Candice wrote:

Link List

I would like all of the URL's in a list webpart to open in a new
window. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!!

On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:04 AM
CW wrote:

Re: Link List

Hi Candace.

Cool eh?

On Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:58 PM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Re: Link List

The answer varies according to whether you are running WSS 2.0 or WSS 3.0.

Which ?

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

Candice wrote:

Test-Driven Development in Microsoft .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a20c307c-a1d6-4733-9de0-a14465096ab0/testdriven-development-i.aspx

taranathchebrolu

Oct 15, 2009, 3:01:11 AM10/15/09
Add the below tag in your share point list schema xml file
"<![CDATA[" target="_blank">]"

Regards
Taranath Chebrolu

Candice wrote:

Link List
11-Sep-07

I would like all of the URL's in a list webpart to open in a new

window. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!!

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:21 PM
Candice wrote:

Link List

I would like all of the URL's in a list webpart to open in a new
window. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!!

On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:04 AM
CW wrote:

Hi Candace.

Cool eh?

Which ?

Candice wrote:

On Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:00 AM
Taranath Chebrolu wrote:

open new window from list

Add the below tag in your share point list schema xml file
<![CDATA[" target="_blank">]

Regards
Taranath Chebrolu

ASP.NET Templated UserControls avoid Code Duplication
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/92a47792-a768-4379-8997-2b1f513d86bc/aspnet-templated-usercon.aspx