Error in Creating Sharepoint Portal

Sathish

Sep 25, 2004, 10:53:58 AM9/25/04
I do get the following error while trying to attempt creating
Sharepoint.What could be the problem? Any solution?

The error log is...

================
20:09:34 Exit UnextendVirtualServer
20:09:34 Exit PortalInstaller.Rollback
20:09:34 Portal creation job exception. (status=PortalAdminJobStatusFailed)
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in
database 'master'. (Error code: 262). --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x81071717): CREATE DATABASE
permission denied in database 'master'. (Error code: 262). at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.CreateSiteInNewDatabase(Int32
lIISInstanceID, String bstrDatabaseServer, String bstrDatabaseName, String
bstrUsername, String bstrPassword, String bstrUrl, String bstrTitle, String
bstrDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String bstrWebTemplate, String
bstrOwnerLogin, String bstrOwnerName, String bstrOwnerEmail, String
bstrSecondaryContactLogin, String bstrSecondaryContactName, String
bstrSecondaryContactEmail) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.a.a(Int32 A_0,
String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6,
String A_7, UInt32 A_8, String A_9, String A_10, String A_11, String A_12,
String A_13, String A_14, String A_15) --- End of inner exception stack
trace --- at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.a.a(Int32 A_0, String A_1, String
A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6, String A_7, UInt32 A_8,
String A_9, String A_10, String A_11, String A_12, String A_13, String A_14,
String A_15) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String strSiteUrl,
String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate,
String strOwnerLogin, String strOwnerName, String strOwnerEmail, String
strSecondaryContactLogin, String strSecondaryContactName, String
strSecondaryContactEmail, String strDatabaseServer, String strDatabaseName,
String strUsername, String strPassword) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Install.c.a(j A_0, String A_1, Uri A_2, String
A_3, String A_4, Int32 A_5, String A_6, String A_7, String A_8, String A_9,
String A_10, String A_11, SPVirtualServer& A_12) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Install.c.a(IDictionary A_0) at
System.Configuration.Install.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver) at
System.Configuration.Install.TransactedInstaller.Install(IDictionary
savedState)
20:09:34 Failed to create portal successfully
+===============================

James Mueller

Sep 26, 2004, 9:27:20 PM9/26/04
CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

Give yourself access to create dbs in the master table.

"Sathish" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hollis D. Paul

Sep 26, 2004, 11:38:23 PM9/26/04
In article <esFthEDp...@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, James Mueller
wrote:

> CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
>
> Give yourself access to create dbs in the master table.

Probably also has to make sure that the account in the Application Pool
is a domain account and has a login established to the database, in
addition to right to create dbs.

Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]
Hol...@outhousebythesound.com

Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2600
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

Mukilteo, WA USA

Sathish

Sep 27, 2004, 1:36:04 AM9/27/04
Thank you Hollis and James. You're right. The user account for the
Application Pool doesn't have the db creation rights. I have changed the
User account name and now I could create the portal. However, I have got the
following warning message now.

=================================
The portal site was created successfully but search configuration failed.
See the application event logs on the search servers (VISHCMS) for details.
After the search configuration issues are resolved, search will
automatically be configured.
=================================

Regards,
Sathish Kumar
"Hollis D. Paul" <Hol...@outhousebythesound.com> wrote in message

Hollis D. Paul

Sep 27, 2004, 2:07:44 PM9/27/04
In article <#E31lOFp...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Sathish wrote:
> =================================
> The portal site was created successfully but search configuration failed.
> See the application event logs on the search servers (VISHCMS) for details.
> After the search configuration issues are resolved, search will
> automatically be configured.

This probably has to do with that strange page in which you set designate the
servers for the job management, or something. I put the database on the SBS
server, and everything else on the SharePoint server, and it said the
configuration was OK.

I must say, though, that in my installation, search cannot find any of the
protocol handlers, and it probably has something to with that configuration
page. When I next rebuild the SPS server, I am going to study that help page
and see if I can solve any of these intractable problems.