SharePoint 2003 Alerts

jiv...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2007, 4:35:47 PM2/1/07
Hi all,

I have created a website that communicates with SharePoint 2003 trough
web services.
Now the problem is when I want to add an alert to a list or a file
from sharepoint.
I've tried using Alerts.asmx services but there is only for listing
and deleting and not for adding new alert.
My website could be on different servers so I couldn't use the SPAlert
class to this as well.
Could some one give me some ideas to solve this problem?

Everything works fine for reading and uploading a file to and from
Sharepoint unsing WSS.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

MJ

penta...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2007, 9:49:22 PM2/1/07

AFAIK there is no web service available that will allow you to add or
edit alerts so I think you have two options.

1) Start hacking around in the SharePoint database - never the best
idea
2) Write your own web service that uses the SharePoint API and then
call that web service from your app.

Cheers....Ryan
----------------------
http://www.pentalogic.net/SharePointReminder - Supercharge SharePoint
alerts!

On Feb 1, 9:35 pm, jivo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have created a website that communicates withSharePoint2003 trough
> web services.
> Now the problem is when I want to add analertto a list or a file

> fromsharepoint.
> I've tried using Alerts.asmx services but there is only for listing
> and deleting and not for adding newalert.
> My website could be on different servers so I couldn't use the SPAlert
> class to this as well.
> Could some one give me some ideas to solve this problem?
>

> Everything works fine for reading and uploading a file to and fromSharepointunsing WSS.

jiv...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2007, 7:53:59 AM2/2/07
Hi Ryan,

And thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to write it my self.
Do you have any examples on how to write the web services for SP?
Thanks,
MJ