Nested WebParts

Chuck

Sep 29, 2006, 9:54:53 AM9/29/06
(Sharepoint 2003,, .NET 1.1)

I have created a work-in-progress log web part, which has several
custom properties.
I would like to include this, and a soon-to-be-developed job history
web part, in a broader web part, which would basically contain a few
tabs on top, corresponding to the web parts below. There would be some
interacting between the wip log and the job history web part (user
clicks on a job in wip, and is brought to job history) . Is it
possible to do this and have the custom properties for each web part
smoothly appear in the toolpane? For example, if I want to add a
custom property to the WIP, I would like to not have to do this for the
parent web part.

Am I missing an easier solution?

Eugene Rosenfeld

Oct 5, 2006, 12:02:14 AM10/5/06
Sure. Web parts are just enhanced server controls. When you create your
parent web part, just add each child web part to the parent's child controls
collection. Then, override the parent's GetToolParts method to call the
GetToolParts methods from each child web part.

--
-Eugene Rosenfeld

"Chuck" <Steinb...@gmail.com> wrote in message