mrtstub.exe

瀏覽次數:233 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

ellis...@talktalk.net

未讀,
2009年1月15日 上午9:23:192009/1/15
收件者:
I have noticed that several of my drives have multiple folders with
randomly generated names like < c1d507a65a5b840fd01d >

Each of these folders contains three files - $shtdwn$.req :
mrt.exe._p : mrtstub.exe.

These look like something that has been generated by an abnormal
shutdown ($shtdwn$ is a bit of a clue), and I wonder if I can safely
delete them?

Looking for mrtstub.exe in Google brings up a load of alarming
messages indicating that it might be malware, that running it might
delete all my data ..... etc.

I would like to get rid of it - can I safely do so?

Peter

FromTheRafters

未讀,
2009年1月15日 上午10:33:032009/1/15
收件者:
Looks like Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool
droppings to me.

If so, there is nothing to worry about concerning these files.

Submit the executable "mrtstub.exe" to virustotal to see what
several AV's have to say about the file.

<ellis...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

MowGreen [MVP]

未讀,
2009年1月15日 下午5:07:542009/1/15
收件者:
It's a temporary stub for the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
and it [they] should have been deleted when the tool finished running.
However, if the system is infected and the malware is controlling it,
then said malware might be preventing the system from being restarted so
that the MRT can remove it.
Check the mrt.log located in WINDOWS\Debug to see if this is the case.

IF something has been detected and it's preventing the tool from
removing it, boot to Safe Mode.
Once in SM, click Start > Run > type in mrt in the Open line and then
click OK or press Enter.
The tool will open after a short period of time. Click Next.
Put a mark next to " Full scan", click Next.

Go for a walk as it will take a *long* time for the tool to run.
Or, go shopping and help save the economy <w>

The MRT *should* be able to remove any detected malware in Safe Mode
unless it has a rootkit associated with it.
Post back with whatever is showing in the mrt.log.

IF nothing is being detected, then you can safely delete the temp stub
folders.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten